1.    #1  
    I tried to web browse on my Pre this morning and it didn't work. Either through WiFi or Ev, no pages would load. The Ev logo didn't even "glow" to show it was trying to use it, nothing.

I could still place a call (to voicemail) so the radio was working otherwise. The only way I was able to get things working again was to reboot (orange+sym+r). Everything is good now.

I hadn't rebooted the phone in about a week, so I'm wondering if it ran out of memory somewhere. Maybe it's a good idea to just hit orange+sym+r every other night or so before going to bed, but damnit I shouldn't have to do this!

Anyone else experience this?
    Do You have the Tethering app installed? I've noticed the same thing after installing it. Restart seemed to help also.
    I have had the same issue once before.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post

I could still place a call (to voicemail) so the radio was working otherwise. The only way I was able to get things working again was to reboot (orange+sym+r). Everything is good now.
    The phone and wi-fi are two separate radios, so the problem is more likely software than hardware. Just another one of those glitches than happens sometime.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    certain websites seem to "break" the net connection for me. I have found that going to m.digg.com seems to have this effect for several minutes and then it will start working again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskk View Post
    certain websites seem to "break" the net connection for me. I have found that going to m.digg.com seems to have this effect for several minutes and then it will start working again.
    Same here, that is why I removed digg from my bookmarks.
    I've noticed this, too...but I have not seen any sort of obvious consistency to it. Wifi on or off seems to make no difference, I just have to try and hit a website later :P

I hope it is something addressed with 1.1!!!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I get this sometimes also, the EV-DO symbol will just disappear and the only thing i can do to fix it is reboot. I do have the tether app installed so that might be the culprit
    i got that for the first time this weekend, thought i didn't pay my bill or something.. then i rebooted and all was fine.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Had that happen last night after trying to load m.digg.com....roboot fixed it.