View Poll Results: Whats your technique opening the keypad from the screen?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • One handed holding bottom of phone thumb in center botton area pushing/sliding up

112 43.58%
  • Two hands on side of screen sliding up

66 25.68%
  • One hand grasping entire phone while sliding up

18 7.00%
  • One or two handed sliding up from anywhere on screen

61 23.74%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Depends on my mood...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    "One handed holding bottom of phone thumb in center botton area pushing/sliding up"

My slider isn't smooth enough. If I push from the bottom then it catches on the keyboard keys or something. I thought it was a problem at first, but I can just put my thumb closer to the middle of the screen and that seems to solve my problem. Am I an ***** for not chucking the plastic chunk back at Sprint?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsabo View Post
    I open it terminator-style-- pinch the front between thumb and forefinger at the top of the phone, then flick downwards quickly and let gravity do the work.

I tried this one. I liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    When I want to open the slider, I call *2, and they send someone out to open it for me. Retentions also asked the guy to sick around and close it again after I called and threatened to quit. :-)
    ROFL. That's funny right there. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Here's how I slide my Pre open:

1. Place phone firmly in the palm of left hand.
    2. Make sure the bottom of the phone is stabilized by the lower palm (thenar muscle) and the top of the phone is stabilized by the distal phalanges of the left index and middle fingers. (Be careful not to squeeze the palm closed, just gently cup the phone).
    3. Place the distal phalanges of the right thumb and index finger on the sides of the screen, at mid-screen level (again, be careful not to squeeze).
    4. Without placing downward pressure on the screen, gently and slowly slide the screen in an upward motion until it is fully extended.
    5. Once fully extended, gently swing the phone perpendicular to the palm in preparation for utilizing the keypad.
    Another good post. You must write technical manuals for a living, because I'm sure I've read this one before.

As for me, I used to open it with it grasped on the sides by my right hand, and then taking my left hand's thumb, I'd slide up from the bottom lip, thereby not using the screen itself at all. I've since tried the way some of you say the manual says we should do it, and I find that works well so will probably switch.
  5.    #45  
    I pretty much use two hands now on the sides to slide it up for the fear of having those cracks show up again ...

Also I think using a screen prot on my last pre masked how hard I was actually touch and sliding the screen bc of difference in response with it on...I actually now prefer not using one ...
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    You forgot to add an option for a downward motion One Handed. Right hand. Hold from behind with thumb pressure right on the mini plug cover and my 2nd and 3rd finger holding opposite side of the front of the phone. With my index finger I push down on the head-phone jack and the keyboard slides right down.
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    Rest Pre on my four fingers and stick my thumb smack in the middle of the screen, then slide with very little pressure.
    double ditto... just a minor brush upward..and if/when my thumb slips i just repeat
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caj27 View Post
    "One handed holding bottom of phone thumb in center botton area pushing/sliding up"

My slider isn't smooth enough. If I push from the bottom then it catches on the keyboard keys or something. I thought it was a problem at first, but I can just put my thumb closer to the middle of the screen and that seems to solve my problem. Am I an ***** for not chucking the plastic chunk back at Sprint?
    If I push from the bottom mine will catch half the time as well. If I due it very lightly then it is usually fine. I have gotten used to just using the center 'area' of the screen. Works very smoothly in the area. If I am not doing anything when I open it I use two hands, not something I really make myself do but it just happens naturally for me that way.
    as freakin safe as i can

this is one delicate phone...just a bad build with a great os
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    Rest Pre on my four fingers and stick my thumb smack in the middle of the screen, then slide with very little pressure.
    This works best for me as well. Getting the thumb too low on the screen makes it more difficult.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123