1.    #1  
    Ok so I go to the University of Minnesota Morris, Just wondering how to get my school email on my palm pre?

any help would be appreciated thanks!
    Last edited by triathlet3; 07/20/2009 at 12:59 PM.
    Fastest easiest way.... is going to be to contact your IT department.
    a way to "rig" any email address on any software/server/etc.

1. set up a gmail account with the same address.
    i.e
    if the account you want to use is oasis9389@precentral.net make a gmail: oasis9389@gmail.com

2. set up on the account you want to use (oasis9389@precentral.net) to FWD all incoming emails to the new gmail account

3. set up on the gmail account a reply to rule.. in this case all emails reply to: oasis9389precentral.net

4. set up on the gmail reply from rule, in this case all emails show reply from: oasis9389@precentral.net

5. obviously put the new gmail account on the pre.

so now, all emails you reply to show your account you wanted as the email being sent from, and when the user hits reply to: again the address you wanted will be replied to.
    Quote Originally Posted by triathlet3 View Post
    Ok so I go to the University of Minnesota Morris, Just wondering how to get my school email on my palm pre? my email is rogal014@umn.edu

any help would be appreciated thanks!
    I guess that you have your email set up by now, but on another matter it, pays to not publish your email address in plain language as you have done. It's an open inviation to spammers and you can probably expect a mountain of it shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer12 View Post

Yea that let me google that for you is nice, but lets presume he did, where does it have explicit instructions on getting email to the pre? the op may not be savvy enough to translate the instructions for his pre, and asked a legitimate question, albiet one that may best be answered by the IT department at his school.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I know that most college students can forward their school email accounts to their Gmail account. It shouldn't be too difficult to get set up and once you add your gmail account to your Pre, you should be all set.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  8.    #8  
    ya i did do a search on google but i didnt think of forwarding it to my other email thanks all
    Last edited by triathlet3; 07/20/2009 at 12:49 PM.
    Almost positive you can hook it up, you connect via https to exchange? My school said they didn't support EAS but i plugged in the domain and everything else and it works great no work arounds. I'd ask them what the domain is and all the other settings you can get from hitting that https url, un, pw and you should be set as the ports are standard i think,
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    Yea that let me google that for you is nice, but lets presume he did, where does it have explicit instructions on getting email to the pre? the op may not be savvy enough to translate the instructions for his pre, and asked a legitimate question, albiet one that may best be answered by the IT department at his school.
    Maybe the Pre is too advanced for him then?

I saw this earlier today and was able to pull up the instructions...on my Pre.

Lets not make excuses for laziness.

1. Go to E-Mail
    2. Preferences and Accounts
    3. Enter Email and Password
    4. Select IMAP
    5. Under enter server name type in username.email.umn.edu
    6. Type in your username. No @umn.edu here
    7. Type in your password
    8. Select Port # 993
    9. Select SSL Encryption

10. In enter server name box type in smtp.umn.edu
    11. Select Use Authentication. Type username/password in again
    12. Select Port # 587
    13. Select TLS Encryption
    14. Sign In

No need for forwarding to gmail either
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Maybe the Pre is too advanced for him then?

I saw this earlier today and was able to pull up the instructions...on my Pre.

Lets not make excuses for laziness.

1. Go to E-Mail
    2. Preferences and Accounts
    3. Enter Email and Password
    4. Select IMAP
    5. Under enter server name type in username.email.umn.edu
    6. Type in your username. No @umn.edu here
    7. Type in your password
    8. Select Port # 993
    9. Select SSL Encryption

10. In enter server name box type in smtp.umn.edu
    11. Select Use Authentication. Type username/password in again
    12. Select Port # 587
    13. Select TLS Encryption
    14. Sign In

No need for forwarding to gmail either
    I know I'm a newb at this, but how do I go about finding the server name and port #'s for my school? I tried searching online.. Im sure Im just making it a lot harder than it really is
    nvm.. just talked to our IT's and they said it's only webbased...
    Quote Originally Posted by ebdboudreaux View Post
    nvm.. just talked to our IT's and they said it's only webbased...
    If it's Outlook web then you might be able to use the URL to the webmail as an Exchange account when adding it to your Pre. Try it out!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I guess that you have your email set up by now, but on another matter it, pays to not publish your email address in plain language as you have done. It's an open inviation to spammers and you can probably expect a mountain of it shortly
    Um, Johnboy, he removed the email address from his post. Don't you think you ought to rip it out of your quote from him?
    Try logging into your account from your computer via outlook.com

If that works for your campus e-mail then PM me and I'll reply back with the instructions to get it to work on your pre