View Poll Results: Are you a Palm Pre fanboy?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

98 48.28%
  • No

77 37.93%
  • I'm not sure

6 2.96%
  • Give me more time to think

22 10.84%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wiki definition (edited):
    Someone who has an intense liking and enthusiasm for a product. Fans of a particular thing or person constitute to its fanbase They often show their enthusiasm by starting a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail, or promoting the object of their interest and attention.

Simple question:
    Do you consider yourself a Palm Pre fanboy?
    Yes/no. Does it matter?

Clearly the great majority of posts here will be highly in favor of the Pre and Palm.

Shocked? If so, double check the forum address...

Welcome to TC and yet another internet forum.
    Nah I'm more of a Clie fanboy. (TH55 still awesome)
    yes of coarse how can you not be?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Clearly the great majority of posts here will be highly in favor of the Pre and Palm.
    I am well aware. I just wanted to present this question to people because I didn't really consider myself a fanboy of anything until I argued with a iPhone fanboy. It's a question to consider. :\
    I love me some PRE!
    I have always preferred palm products over what else was available. The pre definitely doesn't dissapoint.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Do I miss my iPhone? Yes
    Do I love my Pre? Yes
    Am I a Fanboy? Sure why not.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I'm a fanboy of anything tech and the PRE has a lot of that!!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I picked give me some time. I do love this phone though.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    I love the phone, but in my definition of fanboy they are someone who takes it to the extreme and ignore most if not all of what a truly unbiased person would see as a negative. I am not a truly unbiased person since I own one and love it, but I clearly see it's faults. I don't mind them because they don't effect me a ton, but I know them and I would recommend the phone based on if one of those faults would hinder someone else or not.
    Nope. Not a fanboy of anything.

I loved WM but jumped to a BB when I found it better for me.
    I loved my BB but justed to a Pre when I found it was better for me.
    I jumped to a Zune from my iPod when I found it was better for me.

I have no allegiances. I go in the direction that works best for me and gives me the best experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    ..shocked? If so, double check the forum address...
    lol!
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I'm gussin I'm a Palm Fanboy, just look at my device history. I even still have every single device I've owned over the years, even still have the origanl boxes, documentation, CD's, cords. Even saved Miss Philly's little Pink Centro too. Once I get them I just can't let go of them. I still use my Tungsen as my daily morning alarm. I think I need to see a doctor or somethin.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Hmm. I always thought "fanboy" was an insult - is this the start of Fanboy Pride or something?

No rational being should be an uncritical fan (aka "fanboy") of anything.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    Hmm. I always thought "fanboy" was an insult - is this the start of Fanboy Pride or something?
    Yeah... I thought so too. That the term "fanboy" was derogatory and reserved for iPoo and other Apple crap enthusiasts.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I probably would've been a fanboy if it wasn't for Apple.

Their armed force of unpaid soldiers is simply crazy. It made me look in amazement at what people do for a company that only wants their money.

Never be an unpaid marketing employee. If Palm doesn't sell enough Pre's it's their problem. They're a (relatively) big company. Don't extenuate real hardware or software problems they should fix. (don't exaggerate them either)
    Last edited by bruba; 07/20/2009 at 07:17 AM.
    I don't agree with Wikipedia's definition (or perhaps with your edit). A fan has great enthusiasm. A fan boy has an unreasonable, unbridled passion for an object, beyond reasonableness, to the point of being blind to that object's weaknesses.

And there are lots of fan boys here that rival those on on the iPhone sites in terms of blindness.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I don't agree with Wikipedia's definition (or perhaps with your edit). A fan has great enthusiasm. A fan boy has an unreasonable, unbridled passion for an object, beyond reasonableness, to the point of being blind to that object's weaknesses.
    That is my understanding of the definition of fanboy. With that said, I'm a fan of the Pre but don't consider myself a fanboy.
    Sprint has a lot to do with it IMO. Cheaper plan, wider 3G coverage.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast