Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    im new to this
    and i wanted to ask, is the pre better than the brand new blackberry tour for sprint
    i have the gay instinct and i hate it
    so i ordered the pre but i might send it back or swtich for the bb tour

    and you guys help me out i heard pre gets loose and turns side to side just a lil witch i wouldnt like becuz i like my phones well made,

    but sorry if this is wrong part i just need help fast thanks
  2. nhyde's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #2  
    First, I really dislike your writing style.
    Second, no one can tell you which is better as every single person has their own, unique opinion.

    BlackBerry Tour is very business centric, it's a BlackBerry after all.
    The Pre is a very good phone, well built (yes it shifts a little, ALL slider phones do to some degree). The phone isn't what the Pre is about, WebOS is the true gem that Palm has given us.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
  3. #3  
    If you want to set yourself back 5 years, get a BB.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyde View Post
    First, I really dislike your writing style.
    Second, no one can tell you which is better as every single person has their own, unique opinion.

    BlackBerry Tour is very business centric, it's a BlackBerry after all.
    The Pre is a very good phone, well built (yes it shifts a little, ALL slider phones do to some degree). The phone isn't what the Pre is about, WebOS is the true gem that Palm has given us.
    very tru....if ur a blackberry person then go with the tour....but ur not gonna have wifi if u like having wifi on ur cell phone...the pre is awesome for its webOS have multiple applications live at the same time running on the pre....the slider wobbles a bit but ppl take it too seriously...and when they upload they're "oreo effects" the more u show ppl the oreo effect the more its gonna wobble and the more likely ur gonna take it in for a replacement...in my opinion its just stupid ppl do that
  5.    #5  
    i've never had a blackberry, only the stupid instinct
    i have placed the order for the pre but should i stick with the pre or change and get that bb tour? im only 16 turning 17 and i like hi tech stuff i know pre is gonna give me that but is it well made, and gonna last me long like a iphone would? or go ahead with the blackberyy tour?
  6. nhyde's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKreamMan View Post
    i've never had a blackberry, only the stupid instinct
    i have placed the order for the pre but should i stick with the pre or change and get that bb tour? im only 16 turning 17 and i like hi tech stuff i know pre is gonna give me that but is it well made, and gonna last me long like a iphone would? or go ahead with the blackberyy tour?
    If it came down to an iPhone or Pre and you were looking at simply hardware the iPhone is the winner and will last longer as it doesn't have any moving parts (outside).
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
  7. jerrykel's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #7  
    Try the Pre out first. You got 30 days.
  8.    #8  
    try, the lsiding thing could get on my nerves tho
    i love high tech things thats why i want the pre cuz ima stuck with sprint and cant get the iphone, but i know blackberrys have been around and the tour seems like i nice phone

    i do have 30 days once i get it but they charge like 35 bucks to exchanged dumb as helll

    so would i be happy with the pre?
    whats with it gettign hot i hear and the battery does it last long?
  9. #9  
    Getting a BB is like going back to Ms-Dos.
    The BB OS looks like it from the stone age.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKreamMan View Post
    try, the lsiding thing could get on my nerves tho
    i love high tech things thats why i want the pre cuz ima stuck with sprint and cant get the iphone, but i know blackberrys have been around and the tour seems like i nice phone

    i do have 30 days once i get it but they charge like 35 bucks to exchanged dumb as helll

    so would i be happy with the pre?
    whats with it gettign hot i hear and the battery does it last long?
    look ive had my pre since launch- june 6th mine has been perfect...i have the invisible shield soon to be phantom skinz and i also have the boxwave protector on it....have dropped it twice...no scratches...OS is awesome sometimes it lags bc there r some apps that have memory leaks and u have to reboot....overall i love my pre...battery can be a b**ch but it is a smart phone...even the iphone has battery problems....i also read someone in this forum said he went to a blackberry forum where they were also b**ching about the tours battery and what not
  11.    #11  
    well yeah sorry for all this worry, i like high tech and things that arnt cheap
    so your saying the pre lags a lil sometimes? im only a teen pretty much still almost down with school
    i llike to keep up with the newest thigns so i just dont know which one would be the best for long run
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    Getting a BB is like going back to Ms-Dos.
    The BB OS looks like it from the stone age.
    well if you look on youtube for the tour the menus looks pretty cooll
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKreamMan View Post
    well yeah sorry for all this worry, i like high tech and things that arnt cheap
    so your saying the pre lags a lil sometimes? im only a teen pretty much still almost down with school
    i llike to keep up with the newest thigns so i just dont know which one would be the best for long run
    it only lags for "me" after 24 hours of being on....but like i told u till all the apps come out of beta...bc they all in beta and they all still have minor bugs and memory leaks....till they come out of beta than it'll stop acting stupid...but this only happens rarely...i still dont think u should worry bc this fone ever since it came out june 6th has had 3 firmware updates....plus another one is coming this week...so i recommend the palm pre if u can afford it....but if ur a blackberry person than get the BB
  14.    #14  
    i can afford it its gonna be ordered tomarrow, but i knwo its a touch screen and the back is soo glossy about strachs and stuff im worried about that too, poeple say the keybored is kinda small tooo


    those are my worries
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKreamMan View Post
    i can afford it its gonna be ordered tomarrow, but i knwo its a touch screen and the back is soo glossy about strachs and stuff im worried about that too, poeple say the keybored is kinda small tooo


    those are my worries
    well i have the touchstone matte back which isnt glossy so its ur choice if u get the touchstone...and im a big guy...and the keyboard is perfect for me...u gotta get used to it but i love it...wut im saying is if u wanna try it...try it for 30 days if u dont like it then get the tour....bc i love my pre...u might hate it...everyones different
  16.    #16  
    im jusr worried about to much **** sorrrry
    yeahh but gay part is the re stocking fee
    i mean sprint hasnt always had coolest phones
    this is gonna be one if them but like the iphone i want somthing that can always keep busey if bored orr stuff like that
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKreamMan View Post
    im jusr worried about to much **** sorrrry
    yeahh but gay part is the re stocking fee
    i mean sprint hasnt always had coolest phones
    this is gonna be one if them but like the iphone i want somthing that can always keep busey if bored orr stuff like that
    well the sdk just came out for the pre....so starting this fall is when apps will be flowing through...they're only 30 apps right now in the app catalog so if ur bored and want to play games there's only sudoku and connect 4....if u want apps then ur stuck for now waiting like i have been (and i dont care) im waiting...
  18.    #18  
    yeah, but the pre does the messing fun and easy
    im looking for a phone that will last
    be easy to use
    has thigns i can use to pass time
    and stuff like that
  19. jeffsaha's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #19  
    the last bb i had was a curve and i loved it, but as far as apps that will "pass time" for you, the better choice would be the pre. bb is good for rss feeds and looking up news and raw txt, but if you wanted games and/or prettier things then the pre is def the way to go.

    bb has been and, imo, will be pushed as a business device and as such it will not have as many fun things as the pre will definitely have. get the pre, treat it right, and you won't have to worry about it breaking on ya. if you get one that doesn't fall apart in the initial 30 day "trial" period, i think it should last you quite some time with a little tlc...
  20.    #20  
    well i know bb are more business phone but whos the interface and the text messageing on it does it show whole convo like the iphone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions