Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So, I have a genius idea for a 30 second spot that Palm/Sprint can use and it will really make the phone SHINE!!! The content will focus heavily on multi-tasking but will also show other key features that the phone is capable of doing. I actually think I might make a 30 second spot.

I wish Palm/Sprint would hear me out on my idea...!
    This phone was sold to me when I read about the synergy and being able to sync all my stuff. Then they went and thew the idea for wireless charging.... from that moment forward I was harassing the sprint employees for when I could ditch my 800w. Multi-tasking was cool but i didn't care about that WM6 did it just not anywhere near as efficiently. I think those were the biggest selling points to me a guy who runs his own business and can never manage to get all my contact info synced. I think they should be doing just that commercials with customers in them bragging them up... effective and cheap.
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    westman ,
    good job my friend , now the analysts are blaming SPRINT for not marketing it well.

I am sure PALM will wait another 4 months for the Verizon Pre. Which I can say will sell in millions ( I mean millions !!!!).
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    If Verizon plays nice ,they can use all the hype and promote a better ( Pre 2) against iPhone.

Multi tasking in Pre is the new benchmark.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    So, I have a genius idea for a 30 second spot that Palm/Sprint can use and it will really make the phone SHINE!!! The content will focus heavily on multi-tasking but will also show other key features that the phone is capable of doing. I actually think I might make a 30 second spot.

please no virus thing in it
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    If I were Palm, once the app store and development community are more stable, I would attack Apple on this. I could definitely see a PC vs MAC type commercial.

"Hello, I'm an iPhone"
    "And I'm a Pre"
    Pre: "I am having some gas pains"
    iPhone: "I have an app for that" <farts> "and 50,000 other apps"
    Pre: "Oh" <looks down> "I only have 5,000, But I have this really cool app that lets my phone sound like a piano when I touch the keys" <plays a tune> "do you have an app like that?"
    iPhone: "Apple says I don't need any apps like that"
    Pre: "I see. I also have this app that <something>"
    iPhone: "Apple says I don't need any apps like that"
    Pre: "Oh. Surely they let you have an app like <something>"
    iPhone: "Apple says I don't need any apps like that" (and don't call me shirly)
    Pre: "Well, at least you have your " <farts> "other apps"
    iPhone: <farts again><looks stupidly at the screen>

you sire , might be successful with this one ( the i am Pre and I am iPhone thing)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post

Well, today is your lucky day!

I was one of the 10 bloggers chosen to blog in the "Special Advertising Section" of CNET's "Reviews" site, and today, I posted some of the ideas you guys had posted here (not all of you had posted when I wrote my post) there, so...

1) If I included you and you would like it removed, just let me know. I can do that.

2) Follow the link below to add your ideas there and/or vote (by commenting) on those you like that I include.

I'm not sure how closely those in charge of Sprint/Palm marketing are reading, but since the blog is a "sponsored blog" and the test drive ends tomorrow...now's your chance to find out!!

Here's where to go: Selling the Pre: Happy Pre Users Offer Ideas | Test Drive the Palm Pre from Spr - CNET Reviews
    Last edited by srfcrzy; 07/30/2009 at 08:18 PM.
    Take the Ricky Bobby approach:

If you don't have a Palm Pre then f*#% you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva la Prevolution View Post
    Take the Ricky Bobby approach:

If you don't have a Palm Pre then f*#% you!
    This . Iirc Idiocracy had a cig billboard with that ad first but not recalling exact text.

I will say I think Sprint is doing a fairly decent job of their ads. They compare the price to the iphone and all the savings per year etc. Most ppl who want that type of phone but don't want to pay the high price of iphone will like that. They are pushing the $99 more then their other plans though so not showing the other plans as such.

Palm definately could do a better job of ads. Showing any of the phones features would be a good start rather then just a random creepy ad that doesn't do much but generate buzz.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    Well, today is your lucky day!

Here's where to go: [url= the Pre: Happy Pre Users Offer Ideas | Test Drive the Palm Pre from Spr - CNET Reviews[/url]
    thanks
    Hope sprint will do something
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I say compare it with iPhone and BB.
    Fact is Pre is better than both for ease of use.
    I was one of the 10 bloggers chosen to blog in the "Special Advertising Section" of CNET's "Reviews" site, and today, I posted some of the ideas you guys had posted here (not all of you had posted when I wrote my post) there, so...

Cool, good work. I hope Palm reads your post.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Palm has already made a few excellent videos that would be great commercials. I don't know why they won't do something like them for TV.

Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA

Click on "Pre Video"
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmbwebs View Post
    Palm has already made a few excellent videos that would be great commercials. I don't know why they won't do something like them for TV.

Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA

Click on "Pre Video"
    Exactly , there was this sentence "like no phone ever before".
    That sentence need to be injected into the many poor customers who otherwise think iPhone is the only phone out there.

Folks on our forum dissected these two phones to death and do not need someone to tell them that Pre is better than iPhone vice verse.

Unfortunately we are minority , there are vast majority of folks who needs to be told the features of Pre. A simple feature the navigation can get them hooked.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Another cool feature is using the advanced swipes between the apps.

The commercial should show this , and ask the question
    "Can your phone do this ?"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12