1.    #1  
    Okay so its the end of my day again, and I'm checking the battery percentage on my phone. Its 57%! Its been like this for the past three days and I have no idea why. At first, my battery would die just before the end of my day. But now its MUCHHHH better. I think that maybe the longer you have the phone and keep recharging the battery, the better battery life gets. It must be the only explanation cuz honestly I have been doing NOTHING different. I send out and receive many txts every day, I use the browswer alot, always keep multiple pages open...you could classify me as a heavy user but this is the best battery life I've ever seen on a smart phone. (hope I'm not jynxing it lol) anybody elses battery life just randomly got better ? lol
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    nice, how long have you had that pre?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    How good is your signal strength?
    not randomly, after about 5 days of full drain/charges. in the beginning batt life was bad, now it's totally acceptable - lasts almost 2 full days on average.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    not randomly, after about 5 days of full drain/charges. in the beginning batt life was bad, now it's totally acceptable - lasts almost 2 full days on average.
    2 full days... dam probably putting it on airplane mode, right?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah... seriously.
    I actually made my screen brighter earlier today.

I've noticed that when signal strength is low... that's when battery drains quickly.
    Otherwise, the phone is very potent.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Combination of battery drainage cycles and strong signals?
    I just swapped for my second Pre and notice that the battery life is draining quick with the new one. The first one did this for about a week and a half then seemed to get better. The only explanation I had was I turned roaming off but perhaps the batteries just get conditioned over a period of time and last better?
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    It seems to be a battery conditioning issue. the original battery i just go broken in over 2 weeks and i was getting about 24hrs on a charge down to 10%. The new extended battery i have does not do that yet but been only a week and i been forcing full drain and charge to condition it better. Stay tuned.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Mine is all over the place. I have noticed a better battery life at work, but last night I went to bed with a 100% charge and I woke up this morning, for the first time, to a 20% battery. it normally drains 10-15% overnight.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Your battery just had to calibrate, all batteries go through this during the first week or so.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Quote Originally Posted by kdabest9 View Post
    I think that maybe the longer you have the phone and keep recharging the battery, the better battery life gets.
    Yes, despite the claim by some people that Li-ion batteries cannot be conditioned, this same thing has happened with my Centro, Treo 800w and now my Pre's batteries.

After several weeks of nightly charging, the battery life does improve. Either that or the phone's battery meter calibration somehow changes. In other words, the battery always had the same life, it's just the meter reads it differently after a few weeks.
    Yes... just like most everything else in life (air compressors, 2-stroke engines, 4-stroke engines, guns, sex, & even headphones)... there is a "break-in" period.

Li-ion batteries are NOO different. Three complete discharges and charges with Li-ion batteries helps to reach their full potential. After that break-in period, Li-ion batteries are to be topped off as often as possible, which is what makes the simplicity of the Touchstone such a great idea.
    No one thinks one or more of the updates might have been a factor?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    No one thinks one or more of the updates might have been a factor?
    I got my phone after 1.04 was out.
    Clearly it wasn't the update. It's simple, the battery needed to be calibrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyde View Post
    I got my phone after 1.04 was out.
    Clearly it wasn't the update. It's simple, the battery needed to be calibrated.
    I'm not prepared to assume that all devices sold after the update had it applied. Maybe it was in your case?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I'm not prepared to assume that all devices sold after the update had it applied. Maybe it was in your case?
    It wasn't applied, but I updated my wife and my phone the day we got them, giving us version 1.04.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    mine got better after a couple of weeks....but i did do a full 100% to <10% battery drop and charge the first 3 times....

i just watched 1hr of a movie and my battery dropped 18%.... when i did this after the first couple of days, i had dropped 25%....
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    ...and I bet people play with their pre less and less as the weeks go by...plus they do things more quickly instead of farting around....this can all add up to some significant battery savings over the course of a long day of use.