Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    We have an AV receiver inside the house that is attached to an iPod doc and connects to outdoor speakers. We use this contraption every weekend morning as we drink coffee and enjoy the outdoors.

A few weeks ago someone mentioned on this forum that the Anycom Bluetooth adapter sold by Sprint retail stores works really well with certain car stereo iPod cables. I first bought 3 to use them in our cars to stream music via Bluetooth. Then 2 more just in case I needed them for other uses...

So this morning, I fired up the AV receiver but instead of docking my iPod, I connected the Anycom Bluetooth adapter to the iPod dock and went outside and fired up Pandora from about 20 ft away on my Pre. The music from my Pre started flowing from the outdoor speakers and the best part was I could control the volume and skip songs I didn't want As the music was playing I was able to text, read the New York Times, check emails, checked the weather forecast and my calendar and life was good. I was so impressed by the whole experience that I decided to let my college bound daughter get a Pre as well. So now everyone in the family owns a Pre.

Thank you Palm for an absolutely amazing device.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    The family that Pre's together stays together!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    is it just a FM modulator? I need something simular, but connects with RCA cause my FM radio sucks.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    No. It transmits stereo audio over bluetooth from the phone to the device. The device itself must be hooked up to something that takes an iPod connection (boombox, car connection, etc.)
    OMG! That's an AEWSOME device!
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
    No. It transmits stereo audio over bluetooth from the phone to the device. The device itself must be hooked up to something that takes an iPod connection (boombox, car connection, etc.)

Link?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    No its actually a Bluetooth A2DP Receiver made by Anycom... I got three myself they work perfect in my car and on my bose docking station.. You place them where you would normally dock your ipod (dock needs to supply power) and once synched with your pre all audio will be sent to the receiver... Prefect...lol i meant perfect!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    sorry guys im slow today ..... cAnt post links yet but sprints got em for like 10 bucks ...
    ya, I need a link or a model number, cause all of the Anycom products im getting close to what is described is like $40-$80
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Anycom Bluetooth Music Station Converter - Item # ESX2692_C

or just google the above should be the third result in find or so...