1.    #1  
    FYI-
    Negotiating with carrier works!

I was listening to Leo Laporte The Tech Guy radio Show and he mentioned to a Caller, that if they are not satisfied with the carrier or having issues with service/ Billing to ask for the "Customer Retention Rep" He stated that buy calling your carrier and asking for CRR, the CRR is empowered to offer things other Customer Service Reps are not. Threatening to leave if you are finished with your cotract will give you a lot of negotiating power, esp.. if you have been a loyal customer for a number of years.

In short my point is, this is what I have done in the past and did recently after my less than satisfied experiecne with Sprint and the Pre Billing/build Quality ectt.. I have gotten a lot of extras added onto my service, rediuced rates and Better service.
    a great site to check is http://www.sprintgurus.com Look in the addons forum

Also Tips and Tricks at http://www.sprintusers.com
    Thanks for bringing this to the attention of those who may not have known. Retention is indeed the place to be, but its almost always beneficial to not specifically ASK to speak to them, but let your call be directed that way. Many of the posts on this forum specifically refer to Retention (The AirRave Thread comes to mind) but its nice to point it out to people who don't follow some of the larger threads on the forum. Also, for people who clicked on this because of the name Leo Laporte, its good to know that he pre-recorded the shows that have been airing the last two weeks because he's currently in China (with his iPhone) and just today he twittered that he was getting zinged on his AT&T billing. It'll be interesting to see if he gets it sorted out before his next live show (which I believe will be the Sunday following tomorrow). Leo also does a lot of different podcasts with some amazing technology enthusiasts, and he can be followed either via his blog, twitter, or his live-stream at live.twit.tv .
    Although i hope this doesn't take the thread off topic, I think its important to note, because it is interesting to listen to Leo and gang talk about tech, and also it pertains because Leo had an interesting experience with the Palm Pre (I won't spoil it, youtube it if you care).
    Quote Originally Posted by marsknight View Post
    i hope this doesn't take the thread off topic, I think its important to note, because it is interesting to listen to Leo and gang talk about tech, and also it pertains because Leo had an interesting experience with the Palm Pre (I won't spoil it, youtube it if you care).
    I just saw the video.... wow! Go Leo!!

It was funny in one of the comments of the video someone posted "GEEK FIGHT!!" hahaha!
    The savvy of us who also have SprintUsers accounts have known this for a long time. Sprint and T-Mobile have generous Retention's departments and have reaped the benefits (sometimes borderline unethical) of dealing directly with retentions for freebie, discounts and undocumented add-ons.

A quick word to those who have VZW and AT&T accounts: there is no retention program that I know of. If you threaten to cancel, you won't get sh *t from either of these pompous companies other than a cancellations agent who'll remind you that the EFT will appear on your final bill.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by marsknight View Post
    Thanks for bringing this to the attention of those who may not have known. Retention is indeed the place to be, but its almost always beneficial to not specifically ASK to speak to them, but let your call be directed that way. Many of the posts on this forum specifically refer to Retention (The AirRave Thread comes to mind) but its nice to point it out to people who don't follow some of the larger threads on the forum. Also, for people who clicked on this because of the name Leo Laporte, its good to know that he pre-recorded the shows that have been airing the last two weeks because he's currently in China (with his iPhone) and just today he twittered that he was getting zinged on his AT&T billing. It'll be interesting to see if he gets it sorted out before his next live show (which I believe will be the Sunday following tomorrow). Leo also does a lot of different podcasts with some amazing technology enthusiasts, and he can be followed either via his blog, twitter, or his live-stream at live.twit.tv .
    Although i hope this doesn't take the thread off topic, I think its important to note, because it is interesting to listen to Leo and gang talk about tech, and also it pertains because Leo had an interesting experience with the Palm Pre (I won't spoil it, youtube it if you care).
    I follow Leo as well, & am a Huge TWIT tv Fan when I have an oportunity to listen live I can be found in the Chat..
    Leo is an excellent unbiased Source for all things tech related, ( he does seem to prefer Mac over pC but gives very balanced unbiased reviews on what he can & is very good about refering to user community,

Leo Laporte's TWIT Net Casts

By the way Mike is "such a troll"
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    A quick word to those who have VZW and AT&T accounts: there is no retention program that I know of. If you threaten to cancel, you won't get sh *t from either of these pompous companies other than a cancellations agent who'll remind you that the EFT will appear on your final bill.
    Yeah, not true (I see what you did there with the "that I know of" disclaimer). I've been offer quite a few goodies from VZW in the not too distant past (free month of service, discount on accessories, etc).

As for AT&T, in my early days I used to support a Cingular call center (then an AT&T center) and the project I worked was specifically called a "Save Project" and it was certainly not unique, as it there were at least half a dozen of them spread nationwide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Yeah, not true (I see what you did there with the "that I know of" disclaimer). I've been offer quite a few goodies from VZW in the not too distant past (free month of service, discount on accessories, etc).

As for AT&T, in my early days I used to support a Cingular call center (then an AT&T center) and the project I worked was specifically called a "Save Project" and it was certainly not unique, as it there were at least half a dozen of them spread nationwide.
    That's odd....

I had a multi-phone account on VZW and upon completion of my 2-year agreement I called to cancel. I asked if there were any promotions or programs to retain my business before I quit. I was told of a "great" offer they were going to give me: the same plan I could get on on my own...gee, thanks.
    Friends of mine on AT&T experienced the same....

To this day, I have not heard that either Vzw or AT&T are offering anyone anything (substantially) special to retain a cancellation. Things could be different these days... I don't know as I've been a satisfied Sprint customer for over 4-1/2 years.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    That's odd....

I had a multi-phone account on VZW and upon completion of my 2-year agreement I called to cancel. I asked if there were any promotions or programs to retain my business before I quit. I was told of a "great" offer they were going to give me: the same plan I could get on on my own...gee, thanks.
    Friends of mine on AT&T experienced the same....

To this day, I have not heard that either Vzw or AT&T are offering anyone anything (substantially) special to retain a cancellation. Things could be different these days... I don't know as I've been a satisfied Sprint customer for over 4-1/2 years.
    1st of All the Customer retention route is Not based on PROMOTIONS or programs, It is there to satisfy dissatisfied customers, So each problem is solved uniquely based on the customers current plan, rate and what the provider is willing to "offer" to retain the loyalty of the customer.
    Cingular sucks!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I'm just here to say Leo rocks :-)
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Duh

The same goes for nearly any service you subscribe to (besides the monopolies).
    too bad I just started my contract.