1.    #1  
    Well I guess I spoke to soon... I be one of the lucky ones having my original Pre I thought I got away with a good one .... I woke up this morning to a flower of what looked like scratches branching from the gesture area upwards only to be either leaks in the screen or cracks, it gets better because of the placement of these things i can't use the touch screen in that area which is ironically where all the icons are and the gesture swipe up area, as well as the slide to unlock or recieve call ..... took it to a repair shop for the dreaded its physical damaged quote and now I'm in a bad spot ...

The phone was treated like gold, never dropped or a hint of water or sun damage, where these so called leaks or cracks came from is a mystery and an expensive one ... the only good news is Acct services after hearing my claim credited me half the money for a replacement phone, but do i really want someone else's throw away?

After the 2 hrs or so with just about everyone i could get on the phone with Sprint and Asurion insurance etc.. leads me to the interesting debate of whether or not to get a refurbished Pre or a comp phone like the BB Tour or Treo Pro etc...

Please help a fellow Precentral member out, love the Pre but now im in a situation where i was with my htc touch and the many units i had to replace ultimately leading to a whole different phone (centro) ....

Anyone think the new BB is comp to the Pre and if so worth it? Or should i just stick it out with the throw away Pre?

**Update
    Turns out Asurion needs an avadavid faxed to them in order to get your replacement shipped out which in turn will take a least a week for the pre to even go out, wow are you serious .. All this after waking up to a bummed Pre - makes you think about the build quality and how long your pre will last ...
    Last edited by Impulsebuyer; 07/18/2009 at 06:04 PM.
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Get a refurb pre. I switched to the tour for 3 days and I came back to the pre today. Wirh all the hardware issues I still can't give it up. I'm on my 2nd pre.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    did they get you the affidavitt? if not put your email in my inbox i'll email you one...
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    Get a refurb pre. I switched to the tour for 3 days and I came back to the pre today.
    I am thinking about the Tour as well...what didn't you like about it?
    You realize if you are stern with asurion to not get a referb they wont give you one.

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
  6.    #6  
    I tried talking with Asurion and they won't do much unless i fax them the avidavid first ... I may just opt for the in store replacement instead since my account was credited half for the replacement ...

I think I would miss the wifi with the tour, and the curve ... was also offered the treo pro or diamond but the lack of multitasking which i am used to at this point is something i'll miss ... hopefully i don't get caught up in this evil chain of refurbished phone swaps ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

What I was saying if you send them the affidavit or whatever then tell them "give me a non referb phone" they will do so, they might say no at first but if you are stern they will get you a new phone. At least this has been my experience the passed 3 times I used asurion.
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    I am thinking about the Tour as well...what didn't you like about it?
    Its a good device but I when you think about it you are using a outdated os with visual and hardware enhancements. The browser is garbage and that's what made me think. The bs we called mutitasking before the pre just felt old and boring. My emails were coming in faster on my pre then they were on my crackberry. I can go on and on but yea hopefully you get the point.