Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So I exchanged my phone due to some heating issues and an oreo twisting effect. To be honest, my phone took a nasty spill causing the oreo, but I was within a 30 day period and the phone was wobbly right out of the box.

The exchange was AWESOME. My build date for this round was 7/4/09.

For those of you who don't know dial ##786# from your phone and look for WARRANTYDATECODE and thats your build date. LIFECALLS my new phone started at like in 3245 or some crazy number, this phone right now only says 28...hmmm.

My previous build date was 6/27/09, not a whole lot of difference in time but the difference in quality was fairly different.

Noticeable differences:
    1. The slider was ROCK SOLID this time. From the close position, it does not wobble unless I put some amount of force on it. My previous phone was noticeably wobbly out of the box and I simply shrugged it off thinking thats what sliders do.

2. The home button is different. Now I wouldn't say this is an improvement but it's different. My previous phone was kinda white and rubbery. This phone was silver and I could see my reflection on it, still rubber but different color lol.

3. The keyboard keys are different. Less gummy or stronger. I dunno if it's cuz it's not broken in yet but I can tell the difference. I only had my previous phone for 2 weeks. There's no way it could feel that much different.

Phone still gets hot when I do youtube or any 3g type of action, possibly from my weaker signal, who knows.

TIP: Charge ur phone from the USB of your computer. It heats up ALOT less than using the electrical outlet adapter.
    i think generally we all agree. the number of pres with issues at launch was pretty high. now more likely than now, i'd say people are pretty happy with their build quality. theres obviously still a few that get through qc, but the majority are good now
    i think the problem was that initially, they just wanted to have as many pre's out there as possible so they basically let everything through. now the demand is less, they can fix issues and pull more during qc.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    wow i type the code in and mine was july 8th!! WOW now isnt that the date that they started to fix them?! how lucky am I !
    Omg I just got my phone...I exchanged my pre for another cuz of scratches and this new one is much better. Doesn't get hot..and feels more solid. Btw my date is 7/10/09 that's 8 days ago!
    My guess is that someone who puts slider parts together was being lazy and was doing a poor job. Maybe they fired him and they started watching people close as they put the slider together.
    but maybe they redesigned their railing system or used stronger material. someone mentioned a new home button and keyboard so very possible. can one of you new phone owners mind cracking it open and check for us? for the team

Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    My guess is that someone who puts slider parts together was being lazy and was doing a poor job. Maybe they fired him and they started watching people close as they put the slider together.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Now I see people with July 8th and 10th builds, I just exchanged mine today and my build is the 4th...NO FAIR =P. I cant complain though, My phone is solid right now.
    My 2nd pre is a 7/8/09 build date, and can agree that it has barely any trace of wobble compared to my 1st one. I didn't notice a difference in the home button, but I did notice a very minor difference in keyboard. Slider is where it was definitely most improved.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Any of you guys have version 1.0.4 out of the box? Mine was still 1.0.3
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Here's a long thread also discussing the July-made Pre's and the possibility of them being of better quality control.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    5/19 build date and still in great shape.
    Just got my pre yesterday 7 8 09 date feels great the homebutton is all silver an sucken in more all in all I'm very happy that I waited and my first pre is in grreat condition
    Your replacement is a refurb. They just update the warranty code in the software.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    7/11/09 For me
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Your replacement is a refurb. They just update the warranty code in the software.
    thats actually in the recondition date and there should also be a recondition status.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    7/10/09 for me. Nice.
    so when i try and dial the code nothing pulls up, if i hit "enter" it brings up google search for area code ##786#....I have used the SDK install method to put some homebrew apps on it.....could that have messed something up? Oh yeah, its worked in the past before I put any homebrews on it, And its worked on the first 2 pres...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    This is good news.. I've been holding off on upgrading to the Pre because of bugs and build issues. Hopefully, things are getting better over at Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so when i try and dial the code nothing pulls up, if i hit "enter" it brings up google search for area code ##786#....I have used the SDK install method to put some homebrew apps on it.....could that have messed something up? Oh yeah, its worked in the past before I put any homebrews on it, And its worked on the first 2 pres...
    You have to dial it in the dialer, not on the home screen.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast