Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mine is a 6/06/09
    but refurb is 8/12/09

Last one turned into a brick screwing around with WebOs 1.2 =\
    if u have Webos 1.2 dont let your pre update, its will try and update it to webos1.1
    I am now on my third Palm Pre (first had a dead pixel, second OREO), and - I may just be imagining this - but in addition to all the issues already mentioned, my newest Pre feels slightly heavier than my first two. I have no idea what the build dates were on my other models, but the newest is 8/19/2009.

I wish I had my earlier models to compare with (and a precise scale), but I don't. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    The build date on my 3rd and current Pre is 08/21/09... i have a not so serious but present oreo issue. Applying pressure to the screen and opening and closing it works temporarily so I think next I'll try the "bend the track under the battery" trick.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    7/22/09 does have a little "oreo" in it though...

Quote Originally Posted by crossweb View Post
    what do you want the phone to be so tight it rubs and sticks? There has to be 'some play' in order to ensure functionality
    My LG Rumor 2 is pretty tight yet it slides just fine. There's also a rubberish strip on both sides for it to slide on so it's not rubbing directly. I like it's sliding parts better since it seems a lot more sturdy. Palm's seems unrefined, I also don't like how "sharp" the edge of the keyboard part it doesn't seem finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocWho View Post
    I am now on my third Palm Pre (first had a dead pixel, second OREO), and - I may just be imagining this - but in addition to all the issues already mentioned, my newest Pre feels slightly heavier than my first two. I have no idea what the build dates were on my other models, but the newest is 8/19/2009.

I wish I had my earlier models to compare with (and a precise scale), but I don't. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I had the same experience with my exchanged pre. My original pre's build date was 7/22/09 and it felt lighter than my sister's 7/25/09 build date. I was given a 7/25/09 replacement and it felt a bit heavier than my original pre yet similar to my sister's.

We tried a blind test with my cousin who wouldn't know any better in regards to the pre and he gave us the same results.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234