Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I don't think the Build date have a direct correlation with the phone quality. You can have two phones built on the same date and users experience different issues or none at all or vice versa. It isn't like "Batch 1, Batch 2, Batch 3, etc..." and then batch 2 is all duds, if it was that easy Palm would recall..but seriously its all based on the phone YOU receive not some warranty date....Thanks
    august 15th for mine.

Aside from one dead pixel and the touch stone dancing issue, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with pre
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chancekang View Post
    august 15th for mine.

Aside from one dead pixel and the touch stone dancing issue, I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with pre
    this is my 4th pre and its by far the best very solid build 8/18/09 build date
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Bought my first on launch date. Had a screen defect- looked like a bubble at edge of screen.
    Second had bright spots on the screen- discussed lots
    Third was now being given renditioned Pre's- this one was great, except for a good nick in the phone- told them it wasn't acceptable
    Fourth did not make it out of the store- another recond. With a very rough slider.
    The fifth I am typing on now. Little wobble but as long as it works fine that seems fine to me. Smooth slider feel. But it has a fair amount of very small scrathes on the screen- one is visible on a white background- like right now- but I just don't have time or patience left to deal with it further. Its something i'll live with I guess.

This last one - warrantydatecode 5/30 - recon date 8/6
    Last edited by michaeld13; 09/06/2009 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Stats
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    May have to return mine soon. If I give it a little squeeze while closed it will wake itself up. Not cool when it's in my pocket, turns on and cards are open especially when it pocket calls people etc...

Mine has been great until this problem and my date code is 06/02/2009.

Question regaurding keyboard:
    [3. The keyboard keys are different. Less gummy or stronger. I dunno if it's cuz it's not broken in yet but I can tell the difference. I only had my previous phone for 2 weeks. There's no way it could feel that much different.]

Did they fix the inconsistency of how the keys look while lit up in darker situations??? Like how there are lines underneath that don't light up solid. Always thought that made the Pre look a little cheap.. .

Also, is it true the home button is less pronounced and the power/sleep button is more pronounced?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I returned my 8/ 8/ 2009 model and received a 7/ 29/ 2009 model
    The guy at the sprint store had to open up 2 boxes to find one without the orel effect.
    It also seems there is more room above the top keys then the newer model I had???
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I returned my 8/ 8/ 2009 model and received a 7/ 29/ 2009 model
    The guy at the sprint store had to open up 2 boxes to find one without the orel effect.
    It also seems there is more room above the top keys then the newer model I had???
    Quote Originally Posted by dabulls View Post
    TIP: Charge ur phone from the USB of your computer. It heats up ALOT less than using the electrical outlet adapter.
    The reason it heats up faster is that the wall charger will put out a full 1.0 amps. The USB port on most computers can only put out 0.5 amps. So, while it heats up less plugged into a computer, it also takes twice as long to charge.

My old ipaq (which I sold as soon as I got my pre) had an option to enable or disable rapid charging. I was a little surprised to see the Pre had no such option, but it's not a big deal to me.
    7/24/09 for mine and no issues, got it 9/03/09
    how do you check the build date?
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Dial ##786# and look for the WARRANTY info.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    oh cool lol i have a 7/4/09 build but i have to bring it back because theres like 7 dead pixels and a scratch under the screen -_-
    Had to exchange my first Pre because of the oreo twist. The second one I got is rock solid and seems to be better quality through out. Warranty Date code on the new one is 8-11-2009.
    None of this is under Palm's control - - - it's all based on the capability of the little Chinese person doing the final assembly of the set when they are manufactured in China.

PRE HAS NO CONTROL WHATSOEVER OVER THE QUALITY OF THE MANUFACTURE OF THE PHONES!

5/20/09 :/
  16. jhp
    I have the original pre that I got on opening day; warranty date 05/11/2009, very slight oreo (maybe 1/2 mm when closed), no scratches or dead pixels on screen, all in all I'm very happy with it.
    I have one that has code of 7/8 and the only problem is the that I can see light through the black part of the screen when in a dark room with the back light on. I would rather have this problem than the Oreo one I think. Whats with the home button both my pre's had a little glass shinny looking Pearle one.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagonettech View Post
    None of this is under Palm's control - - - it's all based on the capability of the little Chinese person doing the final assembly of the set when they are manufactured in China.

PRE HAS NO CONTROL WHATSOEVER OVER THE QUALITY OF THE MANUFACTURE OF THE PHONES!

Actually Palm does have control, they cancel contracts and find new manufacturing sites when QA is not up to a certain standard. Luckily mine (7-28-09 build) is solid.
    step 1: Drop phone
    step 2: Get phone replaced for free
    step 3: Profit!
    no 'Thanks'
    Just picked up my replacement pre and i was a little surprised the build date was 5/19 and it was old software. sound normal?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast