Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    My rebate has been approved (though not yet mailed out, I know I'm taking my chances). I went to a sprint store yesterday to swap numbers between a pre and a centro. The guy at the store first said it couldn't be done, but then another worker said it could and he proceeded to do the number swap. The swap went fine except that I expected all my stuff to still be on the pre. Instead the phone was restored to the original, out of box condition (the stuff of the centro is all still intact). What this means is that all my pictures and music have been lost. Apparently the auto backup each night only backs up your contacts and datebook, though all of my dates are gone too, I think it has something to do with syncing with pocketmirror to Outlook. When I return to work on Monday I can restore those, but all my MP3's are gone, those that were purchased from Amazon MP3 as well. I'm trying to figure out if I can redownload without paying again. Any suggestions?

Just wanted to warn everyone to make sure you have everything off that you want before doing a number swap. I'm not certain if the tech did it incorrectly or if this will happen for everyone.

Becky
    Tech should have warned you about the backup thing... music & pics are not part of the built in online pre backup. And you can't re-download Amazon stuff without re-paying for it. Unfortunately, you're not the first and certainly won't be the last person to post about this here :P