1.    #1  
    Haven't seen this posted anywhere so I thought I'd mention it. There is a new Google Tasks site built specifically for webkit based mobile browsers (mail.google.com/tasks/wk). (Edit: The site may or may not be new but Google just publicized it among other Google Tasks announcements: http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2009/0...mail-labs.html.) It looks good on the Pre and for my money is more user friendly on the device than the Remember the Milk iPhone site. (And free to boot.) Note that although you can manage your tasks on your desktop from either Gmail or Google Calendar, as best I can tell there is no integration with the Pre native calendar even when syncing with Google Calendar. So still no offline access, but it seems like we're getting closer here.
    Last edited by smartphoney; 07/18/2009 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Clarification regarding recent Google Tasks announcement.
  2.    #2  
    One more note: to manage your Google Tasks on your desktop without going through Gmail or Google Calendar, go to https://mail.google.com/tasks/ig.
    Do the Tasks from Google show up in the Tasks in the Launcher on the Pre?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourniguy View Post
    No. But of course you can create a similar launcher shortcut for the Google Tasks web page: with the page open in your browser, tap "Web" in the top left corner, then "Page," then "Add to Launcher."
    Nice find!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Looks great but as far as I can tell there's no way to do repeating tasks. So, the search continues.........
    I appreciate Google more and more everyday. I now use gmail, calendar,.gvoice, sms to cal, reader and now tasks.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I am using Google Calendar for Tasks only since I can set up repeats, alarms, email notification, etc.
    I sync to Outlook for my calendar with Pocketmirror.
    Until something better comes along, and I hope soon, this is better than what the Pre gave us..!!
    When a proper Task pim comes out with repeats, alarms, sorting by due date, I can with one push of a button delete the Google Calendar. If I used Outlook to accomplish this for tasks, it would be much harder getting rid of all the task records.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Why would anyone need to use the mobile version when we already have a task app on the Pre? It's not enough? Need more features/options?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Why would anyone need to use the mobile version when we already have a task app on the Pre? It's not enough? Need more features/options?
    Unless I'm mistaken, the native Tasks app only syncs with Exchange. Cloud based options like Remember the Milk and Google Tasks give non-Exchange users the option to access and manage their tasks from the cloud on either their Pre or desktop. And at least with RTM it does have more features than the native Pre Tasks app, even when the native app is being used with Exchange.
    google has a hold of so much of my organization. if they ever go down i'm toast!
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Definitely need more features. Such as:

- Recurring tasks
    - Ability to sort by due date, priority, etc. (not manual drag & Drop)
    - Sync options such as Outlook (stand alone). Google tasks has few features as well.
    - Ability to set task alarms at specific time of day

Just a few things that were in Palm products 10 years ago and lost in the Pre.
    Maybe I'm weird, but I don't like having a separate task app. My to-do list mainly consists of (a) my email inbox, and (b) my calendar. So I don't like having to look in a separate place for tasks. That's why Jott was so neat - it just sent me an email when tasks were due.

I played around with sending emails to myself and having them filtered to a Task folder, but now I just set my tasks as all-day events, with daily repeats: they're at the top of my calendar every day. When I finish the task, I can either delete them or set an end to the repeat.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Similar thread...

I use Google tasks, its not the best.... however it is the best free task manager I've ran into yet on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Yup. I'm using it now, and while it was too simplistic to use it with GTD, it works perfectly now that I've scrapped the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by darrinaltman View Post
    I appreciate Google more and more everyday. I now use gmail, calendar,.gvoice, sms to cal, reader and now tasks.
    Don't forget 800-goog-411. I used it today. Say "Text message" after you choose the result you want, and you get name, address, number (easily added to contacts), and a link to map.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Note that although you can manage your tasks on your desktop from either Gmail or Google Calendar, as best I can tell there is no integration with the Pre native calendar even when syncing with Google Calendar. So still no offline access, but it seems like we're getting closer here.
    And we just got a step closer: Getting Organized with the Tasks API - Google Apps Developer Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Tourniguy View Post
    Using the above API, HP or any app developer can now sink their task apps with Google.
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)