1.    #1  
    Gadgets on the Go: Palm branded News (RSS) application for the Palm Pre and webOS

Engadget Mobile has picked up the story as well.

Oh, by the way: July 17, 2009

It's a great RSS app for the Pre.
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 07/18/2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: mistake
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Oh wow, seems promising!
  3.    #3  
    It's working very well. I needed this app
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I very much want an on-device RSS reader, missing the one I had on my Blackberry greatly. In fact, this is my #1 want.

I currently use Google Reader on the Pre, which isn't bad. But it requires a constant data connection. I take the subway, so this doesn't work. I want something that will download articles (at least the titles and abstracts) locally, so that when I'm on the subway, I can at least scan the articles and mark those that I want to read further when I have a data connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I take the subway, so this doesn't work. I want something that will download articles (at least the titles and abstracts) locally, so that when I'm on the subway, I can at least scan the articles and mark those that I want to read further when I have a data connection.
    I totally agree with you!

That's what I've been looking for.

I used to have Avantgo but they no longer service mobile phones.

It was great, and I'm looking for something just like that.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

no, kids, this is the straight from the book implementation of the RSS reader from Mitch Allen's WebOS Rough-Cuts. I'm not sure if it can actually be made available, plus it is missing a lot of functionality. Hopefully we can take the idea of it and make something better. I need it to download/manage podcasts, import/export OPML lists, support manual/scheduled syncs and do a better job parsing the RSS feeds (too many feeds that i have make the app hang).

ultimately though, it would be nice to see a polished version of this in the 1.1 release, but that is wishful thinking...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    no, kids, this is the straight from the book implementation of the RSS reader from Mitch Allen's WebOS Rough-Cuts. I'm not sure if it can actually be made available, plus it is missing a lot of functionality. Hopefully we can take the idea of it and make something better.
    Perhaps this is a bit late and common knowledge, but this app is available through the Mojo SDK. I didn't even know that until I attended the Orange County preDevCamp. It's even a slightly newer version (v0.85).
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I was unaware of this, how can I install it? My pre is rooted....