Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem. I have had my exchange account on my phone from day one and have always had good battery life. Staring on tue of this week I could only get 3rh before my phone was down to 20% battery life. Today I noticed that the phone was always looking for new mail even when it was set to only get mail when I received it. Gmail account is not doing this. Only the exchange account has this problem. I just turned my exchange account to manual and my battery life is great. Any one else having this problem. I dont know what changed but I know something changed on my phone.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I been using mail2web exchange with no major battery loss. I get many emails a day from an incident alerts service.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfs830 View Post
    I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem. I have had my exchange account on my phone from day one and have always had good battery life. Staring on tue of this week I could only get 3rh before my phone was down to 20% battery life. Today I noticed that the phone was always looking for new mail even when it was set to only get mail when I received it. Gmail account is not doing this. Only the exchange account has this problem. I just turned my exchange account to manual and my battery life is great. Any one else having this problem. I dont know what changed but I know something changed on my phone.
    It's not just you. I started seeing this on two separate launch pres about a week or so ago. Keep an eye out if the battery continues to get worse -- by the end, I was going 1 hour on the battery, before I shut push mail off. This, by the way, was to two separate Exchange servers, and it worked properly fine on both. Batteries are also fine, with it off they're lasting all day long with normal use.

I eventually gave up and decided they did a little push after 1.0.4 and didn't publicize it. That or the accounts need to be removed every few months. I still haven't tested removing and putting it back.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    so this morning I wake up and my battery is till green at 98%. Im with Dracostian that I think Palm did a push at some point as this just started to happen out of no where and I had my exchange account on my pre from day one.
    so this morning I wake up and my battery is till green at 98%. Im with Dracostian that I think Palm did a push at some point as this just started to happen out of no where and I had my exchange account on my pre from day one.
    Try it again now. I don't see any changes in the operating system, but it does appear to be better. FWIW, I noticed that it appears to have resolved itself (mostly) after the recent Patch Tuesday patches went out from MS, so it's possible it had nothing to do with the Pre per se. Could all very well be coincidence, but it's worth a look.

On a somewhat ridiculous note, I noticed with the push mail off, one of the Pres got almost 3 days battery life (medium phone usage, no web usage). That was rather shocking for me. I'm usually a heavy user, but was in the middle of a project and didn't get a chance to use it for anything other than an occasional call. Is that normal, or a new development? I haven't had a phone that got 72 hour standby time since a very, very old Nextel phone I had that I'm pretty sure would still have battery life a decade later if it weren't used.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I will check with our exchange admin to see if the has installed any patches for exchange yet. Problem started last tues thouhg.

If i turn off exchange email, battery works just fine.

I hope this gets fixed.
    Same thing happened with my launch Pre last week. 100 to 36 percent in two hours. I thought my battery had crapped out, so went to Sprint and swapped out the batt.
    I will check with our exchange admin to see if the has installed any patches for exchange yet. Problem started last tues thouhg.

If i turn off exchange email, battery works just fine.

I hope this gets fixed.
    Was coincidence that it worked for a while. I went in and re-enabled it on both and both went from 100% to 0% in less than 2 hours, with no phone or web usage other than having the mail come in.

FWIW, on one phone only 1 e-mail was received, on another about 200. Both died relatively close to each other.