Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by foamfiller View Post
    i use media monkey - only problem i have is it saves multiple pics for multiple songs from same album, creating multiple files. maybe there's a setting that fixes that, but I haven't really gotten that into it. other than that it works great with pre.
    Yeah I ran across THAT little problem earlier. Sucks!
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by archcommus View Post
    Winamp. It is infinitely customizable and it just works.
    I installed that after I decided to abandon iTunes. I need to explore it more.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    DoubleTwist is the easiest I use a mac and it puts pics, movies and music all in one program instead of 3. I still use itunes or drag and drop on my windows box
    Why do you still use iTunes?
    justjill3

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I gave DoubleTwist a try using Windows 7 however it continues to to crash every time I try and load it. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I think it boils down to this. If you want to use iTunes then you should use DoubleTwist. If you dont like Itunes then MediaMonkey or WinAmp are you best choices. See which one you prefer.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I tried today for the heck of it to use Windows Media Player aka WMP and for some reason can't get it to be recognized as a portable player.

I did try to attach the Pre both as a 'Media Device' and as a USB Device'.

Windows would not see it.

Does anyone know how to get it to be seen by WMP (Windows Media Player)?

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    How about the older version of iTunes? You'd be out of luck with DRM material...but it seems the simplest solution.
    +1. I just didn't upgrade iTunes. I'm still at 8.1.X. Simplest solution to me even though I hate using iTunes.
    I would advise you don't use DoubleTwist.
    It's in beta and it's definitely beta level software, they have a lot of bugs to work out.

It's slow, doesn't remember your media library and as soon as you pick a different category (like Music, photos, etc...) it'll lose the info it built in the previous category.
    On my system (dual core 3.0 processor and 4 gigs of RAM) it takes 5-10 minutes to cycle through my media.
    I would wait until this mature a bit.

I've been using MediaMonkey and it's been GREAT.
    I set up my pre up as generic USB device and can sync to it just as easily as I did with iTunes.
    The playlists don't work, but I never use playlists anyway so in my case it doesn't matter.

Actually the playlists will work in that it will copy over the songs associated with the playlist, but you won't be able to play the actual playlist on the pre, just the media that was synced.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    You are going to get a lot of replies here, and you are not limited by just the 3 you mentioned. I prefer Winamp, and Amarok.

Winamp is lighter weight customizable, & stable!

There are literally dozens of Media Players ( Most Open source/Free) I suggest you try a couple and decide whihc one works/ performs, looks best for your needs.

I use winamp & XMMS, Also Like Amarok, Amarok is busy and confuisng for a new user.
    I haven't been able to get album artwork to work well with anything but Doubletwist and Itunes.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I tried today for the heck of it to use Windows Media Player aka WMP and for some reason can't get it to be recognized as a portable player.

I did try to attach the Pre both as a 'Media Device' and as a USB Device'.

Windows would not see it.

Does anyone know how to get it to be seen by WMP (Windows Media Player)?

Thanks

Rob
    The very first time I opened WMP when the Pre was connected, it loaded a driver. After that, it just worked. However, I do have to select the Sync tab to see it.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    DoubleTwist just installed it and it is great. Twist up itunes (hoes) down
    DoubleTwist! It is itunes on steroids! It looks like itunes but can do much, much more!!!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    You are going to get a lot of replies here, and you are not limited by just the 3 you mentioned. I prefer Winamp, and Amarok.

Winamp is lighter weight customizable, & stable!

There are literally dozens of Media Players ( Most Open source/Free) I suggest you try a couple and decide whihc one works/ performs, looks best for your needs.

I use winamp & XMMS, Also Like Amarok, Amarok is busy and confuisng for a new user.
    I just downloaded and installed (on Vista) Wimamp after reading your post and then imported my iTunes library and playlists. Not sure what the issue is, but I couldn't get it to work; certain songs would play, others would do nothing, and then for others it would just ignore what I selected and scroll through the list of songs until it found something it liked and would then play that.
    I Just used Winamp to sync my Music library, Went well other than

a little problem some of the Album art attached to the wrong Album, that occasionally happens with most media players especially when syncing large amounts of media.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    I just downloaded and installed (on Vista) Wimamp after reading your post and then imported my iTunes library and playlists. Not sure what the issue is, but I couldn't get it to work; certain songs would play, others would do nothing, and then for others it would just ignore what I selected and scroll through the list of songs until it found something it liked and would then play that.
    You may have an issue with importing from Itunes. I imported mine from an external HD, you may have to add media in smaller groups. I do not use iTunes so Hopefully someone who usee itunes can chime in..
    I switched to doubletwist and I really like it!!
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    DoubleTwist
    DoubleTwist works great for me. The infamous "DVD John" is a part of this open source project.

A feature of DoubleTwist that I haven't seen mentioned here is the ability to import YouTube videos into the DoubleTwist client, and then load them onto your Pre (or iPod or whatever media player you are using). I give a definite thumbs up to DoubleTwist.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    WinAmp for me. What's strange is I don't see where they transfer the songs in Pre when I'm on USB mode, but the songs are there when unplugged. Maybe I'm missing, but it works well.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast