Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    I've yet to find a decent screen protector. I just don't want to put any liquid in my phone.

Why would you get liquid IN your phone? Are you drowning it first? As far as I know, no one that is reasonable with the spray or water or whatever method that is recommended to install the skins has had any water damage from applying one.
    I spray the crap out of my phone and haven't ever had a problem. And I have done this with many phones, many times.

Don't worry about. There are plenty of decent screen protectors out there. Even some that don't require water for installation such as the ones offered from Seidieo Ultimate Screen Guard this one isnt full body protection but works GREAT with a hard case. I would much rather worry about a mist of water on my screen when applying a skin than a PERMANENT scratch from not putting a skin on.

Oh and more phantom skinz love here.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    I removed the IS because my install left bubbles... but the BodyGuardz went on like a champ.
    If you get bubbles with any skin install, give it up to three days, they will go away. This happened to me with the IS and the phantomskinz. You just have to give them a chance to go away, they will
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paz00kie View Post
    who has phantom skiz in stock right now? i got a ebay knock off and it had nothin but bubbles..the guy even sent me another replacement for free and same thing..so ive been going bare and recently added tep but am beyond the 30 days and ive been dealing with the slight oreo effect because no radioshacks had any pre's so i just said screw it..but now i have a few scratches on my screen and I have no idea how they got there..i baby this thing and always have it in the sleeping back or a belt pouch and one day like 3 small scratches and one long one that you can see when there is a white or gree (precentral webpage) background..so i think the dead pixels ive had since i got it and the oreo can get me a new one BUT itl be refurbished so thatd the toss up..get a new (refurb) pre and have to re root it and get it back to how it was with no scratches and problems (ill make them give me devices till its perfect) and apply a phantom skinz orrrr suck it up and stick with my bare semi scratched up, dead pixeled, wobbly pre..hmmmm
    I have the Phantomskinz also....I ordered directly from their website. Through July they are running a two for one deal on Pre skins (maybe all of them), anyway you get to complete (front and back) skins for $16.72 shipped! It took me about 20-30 minutes to put mine on and I love it! You can feel a very, (and I mean VERY) slight difference in the feel of the surface but gestures work great! Let it dry for the full 24 hours like they recommend and you'll be happy with it.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I like the tacky feel if IS on the back of my Pre. It feels more solid in my hand.

The screen cover is too tacky for me. Also I have difficulty getting my Pre into and out of my side case. It really sticks to the case. I had great difficulty getting IS on. I wound up with some bubbles and some dirt under IS on my screen. The bubbles are slowly disappearing, but the dirt is almost dead center on my screen.

I was unprepared for the stickiness of IS during installation. I was expecting it to be similar to Treo screen protectors. You could move those around while they were still wet. Not IS, you get one shot and it ain't moving. I spent a lot of time removing and replacing until I gave up and left some bubbles in. The dirt you can't see until you fire up the screen. How easy is it to reposition other protectors?

My plan is to keep IS on the back and use something else on the screen.

How complete is the coverage of the Phantom screen protector? Does it cover the corners on the front?

If it still is too hard to remove and replace my Pre in my side case after that, I'll try something else on the back.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I use Phamtom Skin on my Pre. I think it made my pre look BETTER! It's super glossy and shiny and you can not even tell there is a skin on the Pre! ZERO orange peel or bubbles. Took me 2 hours to put on with mild soapy warm water but well worth it!
    I use Phamtom Skin on my Pre. I think it made my pre look BETTER! It's super glossy and shiny and you can not even tell there is a skin on the Pre! ZERO orange peel or bubbles. Took me 2 hours to put on with mild soapy warm water but well worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by horadin View Post
    Why would you get liquid IN your phone? Are you drowning it first? As far as I know, no one that is reasonable with the spray or water or whatever method that is recommended to install the skins has had any water damage from applying one.
    I spray the crap out of my phone and haven't ever had a problem. And I have done this with many phones, many times.
    FWIW, the Invisible Skins instructions say to spray the skin, not the device.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    FWIW, the Invisible Skins instructions say to spray the skin, not the device.

Yes this is true, but it is so much easier with water on both. When I went to Best Buy with a friend so he could pick up... that other phone... he had them install an IS and they f'ing soaked the phone, even more than I do. It actually made me cringe a little bit. So yeah I guess spray the phone at your own risk.
    Here's a question on the Phantom skinz. I switched my clearcoat skin for the PS. It looks perfect w/ the phone off. Little to no orange peel. When I turn the phone on however I get a slight diffusion type effect on the screen. It seems there is still moisture under the skin or something. I'm at about 40 hours since I installed it, can I expect this to go away over the next couple of days?

Cheers
    Dan
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Is there a store like BB where I can buy the phantom?
  11. KAM1138
    Hello Everyone,

I'm considering removing my IS as well. It's ok, but not great. I do like the additional tackiness on the screen which allows me to slide it open a bit easier.
    I wouldn't use it on the back, because the Touchstone back has a great feel to it, unlike the original shiny one which feels a bit like a wet fish.

KAM
    I concur with Phantom Skinz. It is awesome, I used to have the BodyGuard but it was too slippery. The PhantomSkinz feels perfect and I can't even tell it is there on the main screen area. However, don't use too much soap with the water - I made that mistake and there is still a bit of soap residue trapped near the bottom part of the Pre at the gesture area. Also, if you screw up the install and mess up the skin, the package should include 2 skins total.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    so does the phantom skinz really "heal" dings and scratches? because if thats just a gimmick ill get bodygaurdz cause its in stock right now and phantom skinz isnt..
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Im using Bodyguardz brand and much like the Phantom Skins its wonderfully smooth and nearly 100% clear. I had IS on my Pre first and I actually liked the texture because it made it easier to slide open one handed with the better grip. I removed the IS because my install left bubbles... but the BodyGuardz went on like a champ.
    I am using the Bodyguardz also. I had the IS on my previous phone. The Bodyguardz are definitely easier to install and nicer looking.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I ordered my phantom skinz this morning on their website. It said "pre-order", but took my order anyway and has already been shipped. I had IS on my instinct and was never really happy with the its texture.
    Last edited by bart001; 07/18/2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: sp
    Quote Originally Posted by bart001 View Post
    I ordered my phantom skinz this morning on their website. It said "pre-order", but took my order anyway and has already been shipped. I had IS on my instinct and was never really happy with the its texture.
    Hi bart and all,

We have been having a technical glitch that we cannot seem to get fixed. Some peoples browsers still show the pre-order special that we were offering before the launch of the Palm Pre. We have been shipping since launch day. If you are one of those that does see the pre-order, just proceed and the system will take your order. I apologize for any inconvenience, but this seems to be outside of our control.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    all this to say Im thinking about not getting my invisible shield replaced.

Anyone else out there with me?
    Damn, they all totally ignored your question.

I'm with you. My Pre has been totally naked since launch. No case, no plastic, no pouch. Not a scratch.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    alright just ordered phtantom skinz..but off amazon.com..for $16.49 for full body 2 pack and free shipping!! heres the link

Amazon.com: Used and New: Palm Pre Full Body Protection Kit by Phantom Skinz
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Well I have an invisishield on mine. I paid the extra $8 for best buy to put it on. Couldn't be happier with it. It's not quite as smooth as naked but no fingerprints cuts down on glare a little bit. With the exception of one super small neglable bubble that's off screen, they put it on perfect.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have Ghost Armor and paid for the install. Has anyone seen a comparison between GA and Phtantom Skinz?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast