Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
    I have been following this entire thread because the title intrigued me. I am sorry to interrupt your guys' contest and I am in no means trying to stir up anything extra but I would be pissed if I created a thread on a topic and then all that happened was people argue about what people did and didn't say. Seems slightly childish and you should have taken it to PM like hparsons suggested. However, I can see why PoundSand thought you were talking about within the framework of the SDK due to the title of the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I have been following this entire thread because the title intrigued me. I am sorry to interrupt your guys' contest and I am in no means trying to stir up anything extra but I would be pissed if I created a thread on a topic and then all that happened was people argue about what people did and didn't say. Seems slightly childish and you should have taken it to PM like hparsons suggested. However, I can see why PoundSand thought you were talking about within the framework of the SDK due to the title of the thread.
    Well, I suppose if more than one person misunderstood me, I didn't state my position well enough. I really thought this was pretty clear:

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    How can you access something if Palm has not allowed the access?
    I will grant you, they didn't include it in the WebOS SDK. But, to say they're limiting access is not the case. The access is there, for those that know how to get to it.

And, you seem to even be acknowledging the net result, those apps will be available. I suspect though, that the availability will come long before Palm provides an "official" way to do it.
    My point was, and is, in general to the article, and specifically to the post I responded to (that started the back and forth), is that to imply that the WebOS SDK is the "be all end all" for current and future potential programmers is incorrect. Palm has promised select developers would have deeper access, and has hinted at a Pre SDK (as oppposed to a WebOS SDK).

In addition, I still do not believe that not providing tools in a particular SDK is "blocking" access. As I've stated several times, the database could be encrypted with various tools. Palm has not done that. The access is there, for those that know how to do it.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011