Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I waited 8 months for a chance to use my $150 phone upgrade as I was eligible then. As they bundle your $150 upgrade in the $250 instant savings when you buy the phone, you only really get $100 in instant savings. A new customer gets the $250 instant savings existing users get. From my perspective, existing customers don't get a deeper discount than a new customer does.

See ya Sprint; I'll be looking for new service providers at my 11 year mark.

Harry

(edited to speak English)
    Last edited by harryjuice; 07/17/2009 at 06:34 PM.
    Wow that just made no sense at all.....but in easier terms

Kthxbi
    You realize that you're not actually talking to Sprint, right?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Could someone translate plz, I only read English.

BTW. What's up the the 'dad' crap. Are you still 3, "Daddy, daddy, Billy hit me!" How about an adult word like, 'father'.
    it has always been this way. Sprint is accually giving you more than 150 dollars by giving you the 200 instant and 100 MIR. If you had only used the 25/75 1 year plan, then all you would get is 25 or 75 dollars off MSRP. I would much rather have the phone for what a new customer gets than to just have 150 or MSRP. You can think about it as though at your 22 month 2-year contract upgrade yoyu are getting the new customer price because you are basically out of contract. Or if you are part of Sprint Premier which I am you can get the savings at only 12 months.
    8 months? Premium customers only get an upgrade every 12months and a normal customer gets an upgrade every 24 months. If we all got an upgrade every month then Sprint would never make any money and never be able to cover there REAL cost of the phones.
  7.    #7  
    Yes I do. Just so the world knows. Please excuse the rant.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    ok then
    Edited... OK I'll be nice.
    Yeah this was just badly written. He basically wants the phone for free. I don't mind paying what new customers are paying because until recently you didn't even have that. Sprint has always had better deals for new customers. At least with this phone you get the same value as a new customer.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    Yeah this was just badly written. He basically wants the phone for free. I don't mind paying what new customers are paying because until recently you didn't even have that. Sprint has always had better deals for new customers. At least with this phone you get the same value as a new customer.
    Want the phone for free? What a waste of an upgrade bonus for being with them. Existing users should get BETTER value than new customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by harryjuice View Post
    I waited 8 months for a chance to use my $150 phone upgrade as I was eligible then. As they bundle your $150 upgrade in the $250 instant savings when you buy the phone, you only really get $100 in instant savings. A new customer gets the $250 instant savings existing users get. From my perspective, existing customers don't get a deeper discount than a new customer does.

See ya Sprint; I'll be looking for new service providers at my 11 year mark.

Harry

(edited to speak English)
    Well if you read this forum you know that you could go to BB, Radio Shack, or Walmart to get the phone for $199 with no mail in rebate. Existing customers have never gotten a better discount but Sprint has always been fair with there pricing.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    can we just delete this? The phone is $200 with rebates etc if you are a new/returning customer within the right renewal period. Industry standard. End of story.
    Want the phone for free? What a waste of an upgrade bonus for being with them. Existing users should get BETTER value than new customers.
    I understand that and totally agree. But I also understand how they work their pricing. No other cell phone company gives a crap about current customers. It's the norm in the cell business. But new features and additional hardware has always been the draw to get you to buy new phones. At least this time they give it to you at the same price. I remember when sprint didn't even offer the 150 off. You basically had to pay full prince for what ever new phone you wanted.
    I'm so very, VERY confused....

Cliff Notes, anyone!?
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I agree. Sure it's a good idea to get new customers - but it's an equally important idea to keep existing customers. Then there's the "Thank You" for choosing us factor that should make existing customers have some added discount. Not looking for a free phone - just think 100-150 would have been a more proper price for my Pre having chosen to be with Sprint for 7 years now. Yes, I know it was my choice. But Sprint also has a choice about how they treat existing customers too.
    Thx. NOW I understand. LOL

So let me get this straight, you're still on contract? MANY people don't seem to realize this but you don't need to re-sign a contract when it's up. Oh, the carrier will hound you like a Socratic gadfly (Verizon called me at least once a week for six months when my contract ended). But when you are on a carrier's plan and your contract has ended YOU now have all the power. They will practically bow down to you. You have the choice of leaving or staying AND you can take your time because your rate isn't going to go up any time soon (they wouldn't dare raise your rates and give you a reason to go to another carrier).
    Lets all ban together to complain to Sprint that this guy deserves a better deal what do you all say...NOT.

Every company is the same. Verizon for example just gives the new two year price when you are ready to upgrade. Same as new customers. Sprint does it a little different but the end result is the same.

Get a life and stop complaining that your so special you deserve a better deal.
    This thread is useless...as is the OPs rant
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Saying you think a policy isn't good doesn't mean you should have left. I tell my wife there are things I don't like that she does (and I hope she will change some of those things), but that doesn't mean I should have used my "option" to leave.

I'm with Sprint still because I chose to be. I accept that. But, if there's a discussion about people's opinions about Sprint's policy it's proper to say what one thinks... and I think long term customers should have a greater discount than new ones...

Finally, just because other carries do the same thing as Sprint does not make it a good policy... it just makes it a policy that consumers haven't pushed for change on. Stores used to advertise prices in the paper but have no intention of honoring them. Enough people complained and there are laws against it now. It never was a good practice even when everyone did it...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast