Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First, please learn to post in the proper forum, there is a CDMA forum for complaints about Sprint.

Second, why should Sprint give you so much more off of a phone? You're not going to get a comparable phone cheaper on any other carrier. Sprint is in business to make money, not to give whiney customers with a sense of entitlement huge discounts just bc said customers feel like they deserve it. You're already paying less with them than you would be with another carrier. If you're not, switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by harryjuice View Post
    I waited 8 months for a chance to use my $150 phone upgrade as I was eligible then. As they bundle your $150 upgrade in the $250 instant savings when you buy the phone, you only really get $100 in instant savings. A new customer gets the $250 instant savings existing users get. From my perspective, existing customers don't get a deeper discount than a new customer does.

See ya Sprint; I'll be looking for new service providers at my 11 year mark.

Harry

(edited to speak English)
    The reason you get a phone upgrade after two years, is because the phone upgrade you received two years ago isn't paid off until then. So you are still paying for it. New customers haven't gotten theirs yet. So you both get the same discount. At the end of two years, you are both "new customers". Your commitment is done. You can leave. Or just come here and *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by harryjuice View Post
    Want the phone for free? What a waste of an upgrade bonus for being with them. Existing users should get BETTER value than new customers.
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I understand that and totally agree. But I also understand how they work their pricing. No other cell phone company gives a crap about current customers.
    I don't understand this they "don't give a crap" stuff. Of course cell companies care about existing customers, they also care about new customers. Customers is how a company makes business.

What I don't understand is why folks feel "existing customers" should get some major deal that new customers don't. The phoneco's don't come back with "Hey, we've been providing you service for 2 years like we promised, you should pay more now."
    I'm sorry, the OP's logic is so faulty it might cause an earthquake in California. Seriously, you want a *special* *extra* discount because you are a current customer? Seriously? Why, by that logic, I should call my cable company and DEMAND that I get a *special* *extra* discount because, well, hey, I've been a loyal customer for 10 years. Sprint already is extending a beefed up discount to existing customers who qualify for the $200 price on the phone. The discounts add up to well above the $150 credit.

I've been a Sprint customer for 10+ years -- in that time, they have always given appropriate discounts whenever I upgrade.

Grow up OP -- the world does not owe you anything just because you exist in it.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    "Grow up OP -- the world does not owe you anything just because you exist in it."

Wordweaver, you're logic is short - or at least your understanding of the point... the OP wasn't saying the world (or Sprint) owes him something for being in the world, but that Sprint should consider giving long time customer's a better price FOR BEING LOYAL TO THEIR COMPANY. This is not a statement about entitlement for BEING, it's about a social/business exchange that the poster feels would be more appropriate.

Do the companies themselves think such logic is unimaginable. Not at all, this is discussion about what degree or amount of discount makes sense. If the question were as far afield as you suggest then Sprint shouldn't offer the $150 rebate in the first place. Airlines shouldn't give skymiles for customers that frequent their services and there should be no buy four movies and your fifth movie is free offers etc.

It's not about leaving, being a whiner or expecting the world to bend over for you - it's about how one thinks companies should reward or strive to keep customers. If you have a different opinion about it fine, but pigeon-holing someone for having a different view of the matter is rather small.
    Same as new user... I guess OP wanted better. Last time I was with verizon, the upgrade deal was actually worse then the new customer price, and they wouldn't budge.
    [QUOTE=jtiis;1759014
    Do the companies themselves think such logic is unimaginable. Not at all, this is discussion about what degree or amount of discount makes sense. If the question were as far afield as you suggest then Sprint shouldn't offer the $150 rebate in the first place. Airlines shouldn't give skymiles for customers that frequent their services and there should be no buy four movies and your fifth movie is free offers etc.

It's not about leaving, being a whiner or expecting the world to bend over for you - it's about how one thinks companies should reward or strive to keep customers. If you have a different opinion about it fine, but pigeon-holing someone for having a different view of the matter is rather small.[/QUOTE]

I'm hardly "pigeon holing" anyone. And sorry to disagree with you, but the OP certainly does come off as though he/she is ENTITLED to something *extra* simply for being a long term customer: i.e.: For "being" in Sprint's world of clientele. From what I can see the OP demands something different or MORE than what the new customer gets. That train of thought is one that assumes an entitled presupposition which insists that one is entitled to *perks* just for being a patron. THAT is ridiculous. If the OP wants to stamp his/her feet and leave a company because they just didn't get ENOUGH of a discount, then good... go... but feeling as though you need to bad mouth that company, by suggesting that there is some "Upgrade Ripoff" to other customers is indeed immature. Therefore, the OP needs to grow up.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiis View Post

It's not about leaving, being a whiner or expecting the world to bend over for you - it's about how one thinks companies should reward or strive to keep customers. If you have a different opinion about it fine, but pigeon-holing someone for having a different view of the matter is rather small.
    Except for one thing - please note the title of this thread. There is no "ripoff" involved. The OP is demanding something special simply for paying his bill for the service he is getting, and then falsely accusing the company of some sort of "ripoff". Personally, I think that was what was "rather small".
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12