Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I guess not getting drunk is out of the question?
    You could always drunk-proof your Pre by using a metal case and putting it in a Ziploc bag!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I only had one phone die as a result of being too drunk.. It was an old motorola flip phone a while ago... It was in my jacket pocket and it was positioned perfectly so that when I closed the car door, it got smashed. (and no, I wasn't driving drunk lol).

I tried to close the door a few times before realizing my jacket was in the way. Woke up the next morning to 2 broken screens and cracks in the phone itself haha. What a painful death for a phone...
    ROFL!!!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Cool then you could forget your Pre somewhere or even worse try to EAT IT.
    HAHAHA! I had a friend who actually did try to eat his Treo when he was high. Nah, I am going to have to admit that I am lying about that one. But I could picture it happening.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Word to all you drunkards. If your cell phone or lap top or net book ever takes a dunk, immediately turn it upside down, keyboard side down. This allows the water to drain out or at least away from the chips and boards. Most damage occurs from constant contact with water, not short term contact. Leave it that way for a lengthy period of time, at least over night.

Other than that.
    Bob-C is a senior member of T/C and now P/C. He's probably read all the Treo dunking reports (all sorts of fluids). Almost every model had one thread on them. Hard to believe that Bob-C would be the first to post this for the Pre device.

Bob, hope you keep your replacement unit dry and safe.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Ack! Unless you're into some retro tard look.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Bob, hope you keep your... unit dry and safe.
    Excellent advice for all occasions.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by groovy View Post
    Excellent advice for all occasions.
    And units.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Let's just go further off topic for a min...

We all went out to a club. I was designated driver that night so my friends all got trashed. We came back to my place afterward to do a little more partying then crash (I have a condo in the city so It's near the clubs). We walk into the house and my friend Michelle (drunk out of her mind) trips over the threashold, falls into one of my my 100 LB stainless steel and glass speaker stands and smashes one of my surround sound satellites all over the floor -- only had the things for a month.

Ever seen a grown man cry? Each of those four satellites cost me a couple big ones (no, not hundreds, add a zero). Michelle works behind the counter at CVS. Oh sure, she could go on the payment plan. She'd be able to give me about a quarter each week for the rest of her life.

Hey what are you gonna do with one speaker missing? Cha-ching! My credit card company is LOVING me.

Oh yeah! She was fine. Not a bruise on her. And doesn't remember a thing, or so she says. LOL
    Ugh! Hope she is smokin' at least, I always find it easier to find forgiveness for hotties.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12