Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I ended up purchasing my Pre on launch day and really didn't have any software issues, had hardware issues where there was a gap forming on the left top corner which was getting to the point that I could tap out morris code with it. I was within my 30 day period so I went to the local Sprint store and ended up putting in my order for a replacement, had to be waitlisted that was about 70 people long, finally got the replacement in yesterday(took about 20 days)

Checked out the replacement and everything was tight, slider, no wiggle when it was open, etc. so we proceeded to make the change. I get everything synced up and leave the store. Now I can't make this part up. As I get into the car and as I am driving away, I happen to push on the screen and it starts to oreo something fierce.

I turn around and went right back in the store and show the sales guy and the manager this. Unfortunally I couldn't get my old phone back since it got bricked and they didn't have any others in stock. He said he could put me on the waitlist again and I said that I was heading on vacation in a few weeks and couldn't wait on the possibility of maybe the phone getting in before I leave. Needless to say, I wasn't the happiest of campers at this point. The option he gave me was a really great compromise.

He said that I could put through a claim through Asurion and they would send me out a new phone within a couple days. He said that there is a $100 deductible which they would charge to my Sprint account, but he would credit it back to me since this wasn't my fault and since he didn't have any other replacements in stock. He also put me on the waitlist so that if the new one I get sent isn't good, I will have the option to exchange it.

This happened yesterday afternoon with the exchange and this morning I put my claim in, it got approved a few hours later. Will have my new Pre by Monday. Here's crossing my fingers that the one I get sent will be perfect.
    Last edited by DSPKweb; 07/17/2009 at 04:06 PM.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    That's a really nice experience!

I also had a great exchange experience on Wednesday (7/15). This was my 4th Pre, my previous ones had cracks, the Oreo wobble, and dead pixels. I was 3 days outside of my 30 day period, so they first said that I would have to use my Asurion and receive a refurb. I balked at this considering I haven't had a solid Pre yet (I haven't had one for more than 1.5 weeks even...call me anal, but if I'm paying $300 for a phone, it better be good!) The guy acknowledged this and agreed that receiving a refurb wasn't necessarily the fairest option, so he grabbed a *new* one from the back! He then took the battery out of my old one and handed it to me as well. I asked him if he needed it, because I had not had this happen before, and he smiled and said, "Nah, we don't need them and having an extra battery isn't a bad idea, is it?" Needless to say I was pretty happy and gladly took the battery!

So, not only did I get a new Pre with no oreo, cracks, or stuck pixels, but I also got an extra battery! Can't beat that. I'm really impressed with Sprint CS. They really seem to be doing everything they can to make the Pre a good experience for everyone.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Just received my new Pre: 28 lifetime calls, tight slider, very miminal wiggle when open, no light leakage, no dead pixels. Think it is about as close to perfect as a Pre can be!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo