Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    image: http://gadgets.boingboing.net/palm_centro2_crop.jpg

    I am now wondering if this pic was an early stage 'pre' they initially intended to lable the centro 2.
  2. #2  
    I think it was a prank.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    ___________________________________________
    T-Mobile Treo 600--> Cingular Treo 650--> Cingular 8125--> Imate JasJar--> TMobile SDA--> Cingular Blackjack --> Cingular 8525-->UBiQUiO 503g-->HP910--> HTC Fuze--> Blackberry Bold&iPod Touch
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896 View Post
    I think it was a prank.
    yea that was the end conclusion, that it was some college kids marketing project.. either way he was not far off.
  4. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #4  
    no, and that might have been where they were heading until Jon stepped it. Cause remember, they were still going with that resistive touch? as opposed to the capacitive
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    no, and that might have been where they were heading until Jon stepped it. Cause remember, they were still going with that resistive touch? as opposed to the capacitive
    Not sure why that's such a bad thing. Resistive is more accurate... or maybe more precise. I've forgotten the pro's of capacitive.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Not sure why that's such a bad thing. Resistive is more accurate... or maybe more precise. I've forgotten the pro's of capacitive.
    Resistive is more accurate, with a stylus. With a finger, not so much. After struggling with resistive screens for years, I'm happy to give up the stylus.

    In fact, I think that capacitive touch screens have the added benefit of forcing designers to create interfaces that are easier to manipulate. Big buttons, easily accessed, with greater separation between them, etc.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Resistive is more accurate, with a stylus. With a finger, not so much. After struggling with resistive screens for years, I'm happy to give up the stylus.
    You could use your nail, if you wanted to.

    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    In fact, I think that capacitive touch screens have the added benefit of forcing designers to create interfaces that are easier to manipulate. Big buttons, easily accessed, with greater separation between them, etc.
    Which is only useful if they make the screens larger - which is only possible if you make a slider - which is a turn-off for many ( thought not all ). Hard to see this as a plus.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.

Posting Permissions