1.    #1  
    I was showing my friend, who has a 3G iPhone, the tether app and how you can basically turn your phone into a WiFi hotspot that you can connect up to.

She's all stressed out now 'cause she can't find an app that does the same thing for her phone now.
    She tried PDA Net, but you have to create the network on your computer and join the phone to it, the opposite of what she wants and what the tether app does.

---------------------

Correction on this, as pointed out by ADGrant a similar iPhone app does exist, but don't expect to just go out to Cydia and download it.
    Last edited by showson1; 07/17/2009 at 11:45 AM.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    There actually IS and app, I have a jailbroken iPod Touch. For the purpose of not giving props iPhone I will NOT post the name of the app.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    There actually IS and app, I have a jailbroken iPod Touch. For the purpose of not giving props iPhone I will NOT post the name of the app.
    Can you send me a PM with the name so I can let her know?
    A quick google search turns up an app called MyWi.
  5.    #5  
    Wow, no wonder she didn't find it..
    You have to download a desktop client that "prepares" your phone for another app repository (Rock your phone), then download and install MyWi within that app..

OK, so correction. It exists but it's not in the normal path for iPhone apps.
    Last edited by showson1; 07/17/2009 at 11:44 AM.
    to be fair, you have to root your Pre (at least atm) to get the tether app on your Pre. But it is an awesome program.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    A quick google search turns up an app called MyWi.
    why?