Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Did you try the dead pixel repair video?
    How do you know if it's a "dead pixel" vs a "stuck pixel" I tried searching for it using search tems like dead pixel, stuck pixel, fix dead pixel...... The list gose on, I search for about 20mins and just came up with a lot of post with those trems in them but know explanation as to the differance. Any help would be great.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    How do you know if it's a "dead pixel" vs a "stuck pixel" I tried searching for it using search tems like dead pixel, stuck pixel, fix dead pixel...... The list gose on, I search for about 20mins and just came up with a lot of post with those trems in them but know explanation as to the differance. Any help would be great.
    A stuck pixel is when the pixel is active but it just stays white, it becomes more noticeable on a dark background. A dead pixel will appear black and will be noticeable on a light background. hope this helps.
    So I have a black wallpaper up, and I see a little white dot in the lower right coner just above the quick launch bar. So that's just a stuck pixel then? And in theory I could run that youtube vid a few times and maybe fix my stuck pixel? This is my third and by far the best Pre I've gottin yet.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I was the first in line at my local store in Manhattan on launch day and bought 3 of them. So far...3 perfect phones (even with my wife having hers unprotected in her purse)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    got two pre's the first week of july and one is perfect the other has only the slightest oreo but other thn that perfect.
    I think it is truly a wash. I have two Pre's right now, my wife's is as solid as a rock while mine is starting to develop the twist. Its not terrible, but I might exchange it anyways as I want this phone to last for a while.

Out of all the Pres my wife and I have had (9), I would say the launch day Pre was the best, with the latest two being runners up. You hate to feel like its the luck of the draw with build quality, but it was the same way with the iPhone. Dead pixels, yellow screen, faulty vibration motor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Got a pre yesterday. A single dead pixel and minor oreo. However- the battery seems to be great and everything else works well.

How likely am I to get a pre with no stuck pixels and no oreo on an exchange?
    When I got my replacement, I made sure there were not stuck or dead pixels. I actually told the rep I would be running the "stuck pixel fixer" that's on youtube, and I did 3 or 4 times just to be sure. Make sure you turn the screen brightness up all the way.
    Seems like the slight Oreo still exists though.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Got a pre yesterday. A single dead pixel and minor oreo. However- the battery seems to be great and everything else works well.

How likely am I to get a pre with no stuck pixels and no oreo on an exchange?

I'd call that good enough..

My pre actually came almost perfect.. but now there's one dead pixel (might be that I started noticing it..).. doesn't bother me too much.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    My pre is perfect. It moves side to side slightly if I twist it- but that's because I'm twisting it. The whole "oreo" effect thing is mostly bull**** posted by people that think a two piece phone should be as solid as a single-piece phone like a treo, bb, or Iphone. I'm sure there are a few people that have an actual problem with their phone being TOO loose, but, for the most part, people on the internet like to ***** and moan about something perfectly reasonable (like a two-piece phone moving when twisted- OMG!).

As for the stuck pixel, give the video others have talked about a try. Good luck!
    It's a problem for many people. The latest phone I have is a total piece of #%#@. You can't even do a back gesture without wobbling it - that's how bad this one is.
    I'm on my second pre due to the oreo issue. Of course, this one has it to. The only thing is that it doesnt wiggle when im just holding the phone and tilt it sideways to landscape, it only wiggles if I physically twist the top piece. Is this the case with everyone who has the oreo concern? I'm thinking of exchanging to another pre before next thursday but I don't know if its really worth it considering everything else with the phone works just fine, and i wouldnt want to receive a pre with other issues (dead pixels, app problems, etc.).
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I bought mine at launch day and had no problems whatsoever. No dead pixels, oreos, or any gaps. I feel extremely lucky, but i also had been careful with all my phones. After reading about how the rails might wear down on the slider it kinda makes me cautious of how much force i use to close it.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I got mine around june 20 and its been great since...I thought I had the headphone problem for a bit but found out it was just saw dust in the hole bc I work in a wood shop...dusted it out and it works fine

It has a little twist movement when closed (1-2mm if that), but I took out the batt to look at the rails and its just the way the sliders fit...not really anyway to get around it...just the design in the slide...rock solid all around...no gaps to stuck/dead pixels
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    So I have a black wallpaper up, and I see a little white dot in the lower right coner just above the quick launch bar. So that's just a stuck pixel then? And in theory I could run that youtube vid a few times and maybe fix my stuck pixel? This is my third and by far the best Pre I've gottin yet.
    Yes that's correct, however the pixel video is not gauranteed, i had a stuck pixel on my 2nd pre and it could not fix it. good luck with yours.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    What's perfect?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Mine is perfect???
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Stillon my right out of the box perfect pre.
    I received mine on july 3rd... It has a slight oreo motion going on but feels really stable anyway. Everything else is fine. Love it!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    My launch day Pre has a slight wobble, and is looser than it probably should be. When the phone is sitting flat on a table I can press on the top near the earpiece and there's enough play to actually make a clicking sound of the two halves coming together (there's a slight gap). I'm not twisting the phone, just holding it normal the two halves rattle together a bit.

To anyone saying that the wobble is BS, they obviously haven't had the unfortunate experience of getting one that is really bad. I can deal with mine, but after my wife's first Pre (which was rock solid so they can't convince me they are all wobbly) started shutting off on its own at random times, I exchanged it, and the one they tried to give me had a gap big enough to fit a nickel in there and wobbled like you would not believe. I said yea I'm not taking this and they brought out a different one with a little less wobble than mine. So that's 4 Pres that I have personally handled from the same store and none of them were "perfect." My wife's first one was damn close though, if it just wouldn't have had the random shutdown problem. But give me a phone that's actually usable over one that feels more solid than the others anyday.
  19.    #39  
    Well- I ended up having to switch my plan around today and cancel a line and the store clerk said the easiest thing to do was return the old phone and start fresh. So I did.

Perfect Pre!

Okay- slight oreo but I cant imagine one not. When the keyboard is exposed it is rock solid with no wiggle. No stuck or dead pixels. Buttons (especially the power) feels much better.

And boy does the webos kick ***!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    We have 2 Pres from launch day and neither has any problems other than the slightest wobble. No more than any other slider I've ever owned. I had 2 resets on the first day, but as soon as I updated to 1.0.2 all was well. The wife's has had no problems at all. I wish you all much luck!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast