1.    #1  
    How Much Does It Really Cost To Own A Smartphone? - PC World

It's assuming, of course, that you need unlimited talk time and text messaging, but good news for Sprint and Palm, nonetheless.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Nice chart - and I like how it doesn't include info about OS, # of applications or anything else - but BOTTOM LINE.. "How much will it cost me every month, and over the length of my contract?".

I have to give it to Sprint. When my wife and I first signed on in 1998 - their plans, like most other competitors - sucked. Sprint was slow to change their pricing structure - but when they did, they really won me over. Their plans are almost unbeatable.
    With unlimited text and data, the voice minutes we need go down considerably. My wife and I will be on the $130 plan with 1500 minutes. We never used out 450 minutes in either of our separate plans before, so I wish there was a $110 900 or 1000 minute plan. Oh, well.
    Another missing item is the associated accessories that you drop money on when you're switching devices. Yes, these are optional and yes, you can get cheaper versions, but between screen protector, case, car charger (my old phone had mini USB), Touchstone(s) etc, that's another $100 right there. These are typically the same across the board, but still worth showing in the chart.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    the real question is how much does it really cost to not own a smartphone
    This isn't a smartphone yet. When they start selling apps then you'll know.
    With unlimited TEXT/Data people Talk less so the option to go for a lower priced plan such as 69.99 unlimited data helps reduce the cost.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addie_Goodvibes View Post
    With unlimited TEXT/Data people Talk less so the option to go for a lower priced plan such as 69.99 unlimited data helps reduce the cost.
    That's exactly what I did. At first I was like I need a lot of anytime minutes, then I realized that I am at work until 4:30 and Spritn's nights start at 7 so there is only a two and half hour window there. I will have unlimited texting so that covers everything except my Mom and my Dad (they just don't text well). So I went with the 450 minutes unlimited data/text plan to start and if I need more I will gladly go to the 900 minute plan.

As far as accessories I am supposed to get my Pre today (corproate rep had to order for me since I am using the corproate discount) and I already have Phantom Skinz, a vehicle charger and last night I ordered the Touchstone kit. I got some great deals and discounts but I am still out about $75 on these three pieces of equipment and I don't have a case yet.