Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well obviously I love managing my emails from my AOL & Gmail accounts on the Pre, especially because of the IMAP support with PUSH email.

But what I cant figure out is when I swipe away an email (not the notification) to delete it...why is it completely gone from the servers?

Meaning... its not in OLD mail or Recently Deleted... its just gone...and of course sometimes I make a mistake or want to go back and check something I just deleted...

Any ideas for either the AOL or Gmail accounts from someone with more experience than I?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Not sure in AOL but in GMail, maybe try the All Mail folder?

In your Email Account Preferences, make sure that the Default Folders for both correspond to the correct Drafts and Trash folders on the IMAP servers. Maybe they aren't assigned for some reason and that's why they are just straight up deleted rather than being pushed into those folders.
    I just tested on Gmail and it moves a deleted mail item to the trash folder. Not sure what is not configured correctly on yours. I have done nothing special, just a standard gmail account and set it up on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    They are sync'ed. Whatever you see in your Palm Pre is what you see on your PC. If you delete e-mails from your Palm Pre, it gets deleted on the P.C. too (or in technical terms, the server).

There was a thread about this - a certain few complained that they did not like that. Another complained that there is no way for offline e-mail reading (in case signal becomes non-existent).
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Another complained that there is no way for offline e-mail reading (in case signal becomes non-existent).
    Not sure what this means--I just turned on Airplane Mode, and I can read my already-cached emails with no issue. I can't read any emails for which I only have headers downloaded (that were in the process of downloading when I turned off the signals).

?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin1497 View Post
    I just tested on Gmail and it moves a deleted mail item to the trash folder. Not sure what is not configured correctly on yours. I have done nothing special, just a standard gmail account and set it up on the Pre.
    Hey thanks man... for GMAIL.. you are completely correct... I realized that the TRASH folder on the computer is viewable in a drop down menu... and the TRASH folder on the phone needs to be synced in order to view what you just deleted...

I will check the AOL part in a few min... Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Not sure what this means--I just turned on Airplane Mode, and I can read my already-cached emails with no issue. I can't read any emails for which I only have headers downloaded (that were in the process of downloading when I turned off the signals).

?
    I just tested this and you are right. It works just fine. I believe she didn't know what she was talking about.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    So like I said.. I figured out GMAIL with help from bgriffin1497. And also thanks to Frrrrunkis I realized I never linked a folder to the TRASH Folder... which I changed to Deleted Items and everything seems great...

Thanks for the help guys/girls...!