Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    I have a Mac, and I use iTunes with my iPod, but I never have used the "sync" functionality of it. I've got so much music that to have all of it sync to match the iPod and my Macbook would be impractical.

I finally mounted the Pre as a USB drive last night and dropped a few GB of music into the music folder. If it's properly tagged, the Pre handles it like a champ (haven't seen how it handles non-tagged MP3s). I think the iTunes sync functionality was more of an f-you to Apple than it was a legitimate selling point.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    This is a minor battle at best. Palm said that nobody would own an iPhone when their contracts are up and then put iTunes sync on the Pre to provide an easy path to convert. Apple came out with the 3GS and blocked iTunes sync on the Pre. Apple is trying their best to keep their iPhone customers. That's all this comes down to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    This is a minor battle at best. Palm said that nobody would own an iPhone when their contracts are up and then put iTunes sync on the Pre to provide an easy path to convert. Apple came out with the 3GS and blocked iTunes sync on the Pre. Apple is trying their best to keep their iPhone customers. That's all this comes down to.
    I agree...minor battle at best.