1.    #1  
    The first 2 or so weeks the phone got pretty warm on the back.. And it just struck me that the back of the phone is akways cool now.
    Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I think that's been the general consensus.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    The only times mine gets hot is when I use the Sprint car charger.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    The first 2 or so weeks the phone got pretty warm on the back.. And it just struck me that the back of the phone is akways cool now.
    Anyone else?
    I noticed it immediately after the last OS upgrade.
    I even noticed that my phone is not really hot anymore either even after being on the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Yeah mine is generally cool, too. I got it pretty hot the other day by sending out a bunch of picture messages, but other than that I haven't found heat to be an issue.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Mine only gets mildly hot when streaming music and using stereo headsets.

My sprint touch pro could cook an egg in comparisson.
    -m
    Mine still gets hot off the Touchstone and when streaming Pandora. Although it is more just "warm" when using Pandora.
    The only time I notice my Pre still getting "hot" not just warm is when I'm using Pandora of youtube. And I don't have a Touchstone.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I, on the other hand, realized that my battery runs way better.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've noticed my battery is lasting a lot longer and the phone isn't as hot. My theory is that there must have been a lot of back and forth data transfers when you first activate the phone to get your backup sync'd. Now that it's taken care of.... things calm/cool down.
    Mine gets hot during EV/1X usage and extremely hot when there is no signal and I try to use data.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    as someone else mentioned, mine gets hot when i use the car charger too.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Mine has been getting hot recently. Last night, I was actually removing old contacts that I had ported from my Blackberry, and my phone got EXTREMELY hot while doing so, and the battery dropped from 93% to 82% in roughly 3 minutes. I have no clue what was going on, I was simply moving from contact to contact, clicking delete, and moving on. I guess this is an extremely processor intensive task?

Also, talking on the phone for more than 10 minutes, the phone gets hot.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    About it getting hot while charging....

I've noticed that if you charge it from the USB of a computer the phone heats up ALOT less. I guess the theory is the electrical outlet adapter has no real way of controlling the electrical flow and therefore charges the phone much faster but also makes it heat up more.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabulls View Post
    About it getting hot while charging....

I've noticed that if you charge it from the USB of a computer the phone heats up ALOT less. I guess the theory is the electrical outlet adapter has no real way of controlling the electrical flow and therefore charges the phone much faster but also makes it heat up more.
    This is similar to my Treo. Charging it USB (without the supplemental wall-wart attached) charges much more slowly and keeps the battery cool. Charging that slowly is fine for overnight or topping off. It's probably why my battery still works after 3 years.