Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I now have less of an issue with the iPhone as my new PDA

I previously tried the 1st generation phone and hated it because the PIM functions were so weak i.e. couldn't add someone who wasn't in your personal address book to a meeting, coudln't see if someone had accepted a meeting

Those two items plus others have been provided in the 3GS!!

Now don't get me wrong my biggest issues are that you still are not as productive on an iPhone e.g.

• No physical keyboard

• The significant geographic journey of finger swipes and multiple screens you go through to get something done i.e. try booking a meeting (on Windows mobile I do it all on one screen on the iPhone you are going back and forth like a crazed monkey)

However I am faced with a decision about the PIM functionality only because THE PRE DOESN'T HAVE A STRONG PIM AND CAN'T DO THOSE THINGS

If it could the iPhone would be dead to me but I really need a good PIM. I suppose I could get used to the keyboard?

But as I am not sure about the keyboard and really hate iTunes the PRE is still my favoured device. The problem is the gap just got smaller.

Lets hope Palm fix the PIM soon
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I suspect it will be developed in the wild long before Palm does anything about it.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    BUGGER AGAIN! It is unlikley it will be integrated into the Palm app so that means I need a different app which breaks the whole seamless experience of collaborating
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Quote Originally Posted by as147 View Post
    BUGGER AGAIN! It is unlikley it will be integrated into the Palm app so that means I need a different app which breaks the whole seamless experience of collaborating
    Nah, I believe that any third party app is going to integrate properly. I suspect that's going to be a major "community mandated" requirement for apps.
    As important as full EAS integration is to Palm for the webOS to succeed, I dont think this important feature will be left out for too long.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    I do hope you are right - I mean how can you book a meeting with someone if you can't add them to the invite !!

Palm, Apple have fixed this and yes I know it took a few years but you are better than that aren't you!?

The i-Phone is responding, and I know you are too but this is a serious gap for business users.

Allow the addition of attendees to a meeting and allow the visibility of their acceptance

Is this a serious thread, or some kind of sarcasm?
    I think its sarcasm
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Not sarcasm at all, unless you are just joking between yourselves.

It is a problem and if the basic capability of adding attendees can't be achieved in a calendar application I am quite concerned about other shortcomings in the PIM

Or am I wrong and this function exists !?

I love the PRE and until yesterday discounted the i-phone mainly because I could point to significant functional gaps. However when looking at the 3GS I see this stuff now exists. I still don't like Apple and think i-Toons is the biggest piece of company sponsored virus software but I have to measure the phones on their merit and the gap has certainly got smaller.