Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I apologize if this has already been discussed but I thought I'd add this for you guys. At the official Palm forum, I caught this:

I learned that palm will send an update in about a month that will update many features such as being able to record video (yeeees, that is something that was missing to be more powerful than the iphone). The new update will allow to copy and paste directly from a web site and to save pictures, and it will also include to forward text messages. Give it a try, I really love my pre and I recommend to wait until after the update. The rep was talking about this update, so I told her I already received 2, she said "oh no, those were just emergency updates, this one is going to be a major update that you are going to love".
    Updates to expect:
    • Video Recording
    • Copy/Paste Anything
    • Save Pictures From The Web
    • Forward Text Messaging
    • And More!

Is this not exciting? I actually was disappointed that video recording was not included on the Palm Pre but now it will be!

But... this was not posted by an official rep of Palm/Sprint but it was relayed through by a fellow Palm Pre owner so there's no way to verify the accuracy of this. Take it with a grain of salt.

And... if you haven't yet, add your thoughts of what the next update should include: Post HERE what you think the Palm Pre needs to offer for the next update. - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community (not to detract you guys from this forum but it is the official Palm forum after all).

Cheers.
    The more updates they can crank out the better. Frankly the phone is nice but needs a lot of work still and the sooner Palm gets it updated the better for everyone.

Personally I'm not holding my breath to see so many major things in one update.
    Sweet, if legit.
    Allow The Goat to change this stinking notification tone, work on overall smoothness, work out some kinks to make battery life better, and possibly even allow these useless yet pretty lights on the front to be notification lights, and I will be one super happy kid.

Oh... And give me some spell check. I miss that so bad.

Also... Let me use drop down menus on my browser...

Maybe a unified preferences page.

Okay... I'll stop.

By the way... If I could find nothing to improve upon on my precious Pre then I would have nothing to look forward to besides the Pre 2, and that's just too darned far away, which would once again make me a sad Goat.
    Last edited by PedroTheGoat; 07/17/2009 at 03:40 AM.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    lets just hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Allow The Goat to change this stinking notification tone, work on overall smoothness, work out some kinks to make battery life better, and possibly even allow these useless yet pretty lights on the front to be notification lights, and I will be one super happy kid.

Oh... And give me some spell check. I miss that so bad.

Also... Let me use drop down menus on my browser...

Maybe a unified preferences page.

Okay... I'll stop.

By the way... If I could find nothing to improve upon on my precious Pre then I would have nothing to look forward to besides the Pre 2, and that's just too darned far away, which would once again make me a sad Goat.
    Hey goat, you can use drop down boxes!! I made a post on this awhile back, took me a few weeks to figure out as well. You open the drop down box, hold the orange button, than scroll through the list with your finger. It will not work if the things inside the drop down list are links though, because it will automatically hit the link when you click the first list option to open the list.

EDIT: Here is the link to the thread goat http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...s-browser.html
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Video recording? I'll believe it when I see it.
    do people really care that much about video recording I mean I could care less, however txt forwarding and copy/past anything and saving anything from the web is a plus for sure
    The one thing I want with the new update is the App catalog 1.0 to get more apps in the store.
    Sounds more like a fan-made wishlist than an actual rumour, to be honest with you.
    I'm skeptical. I'll believe it when it comes from a more reliable source.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    do people really care that much about video recording I mean I could care less, however txt forwarding and copy/past anything and saving anything from the web is a plus for sure
    I think a lot of owners who are parents care about the video camera especially if they're kids are young. It's nice to be able to spontaneously record funny or cute stuff.
    I have an 8 month old and don't always have a camcorder with me. As crappy as the quality was on the Centro, we occasionally use it to record some moments when we don't have a camcorder. I imagine the Pre would have watchable video if they make it work, which would allow me to nab more of my son's antics.
    Change!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Hells yes! I pretty much NEVER have a camcorder, but I always have my phone. As crappy as the Moto Q was, and as bad as the video was, I was glad to have had it with on more than one occasion.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I didn't think not having video recording would be that big of a deal.. until I didn't have it. Coming from an Instinct (ugh) to the Pre has been wonderful.. but my wife (and her Instinct) record videos all the time of our 9-month old and I often reach for my phone only to remember I don't have the video record functionality - yet.

We'll see.
    do people really care that much about video recording I mean I could care less
    How much less?
    I also heard, from a Palm Tech, that the update would allow Photo Album Creation.. also something that was on Centro, but they left off Pre..
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzchic View Post
    Sounds more like a fan-made wishlist than an actual rumour, to be honest with you.
    I gotta agree. I'm hopeful, but that's awful lot to throw into an update weeks after a release.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Cell phone video has gotten a couple of DC Metro (subway) drivers suspended, when passengers recorded them texting and sleeping while driving the trains. The publicity forced Metro to adopt a new policy: get caught texting or talking on the phone while on duty and get fired, no warnings.

So yeah, I'd say cell phone video can be useful.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast