Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    do people really care that much about video recording I mean I could care less,
    I do care about this, I had Cycorder on the iPhone and that came in REALLY handy.

I have a 3 year old, so if he was doing something funny, cute, noteworthy I could take a quick video with the phone when I didn't have my camcorder with me.

Was nice to have for the quicky video.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by katmandoo122 View Post
    0% chance of this thread being true...ok, .000000001% chance. No, it will be a business oriented update alone.
    Yeah, I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783 View Post
    With a 3.0 megapixel camera and no zoom? It is a great camera but we need ZOOM for pictures. I don't use the video that often so that is not a deal breaker for me.

Zoom is not that big of an issue. All camera phones that have zoom use a digital zoom, not optical. all digital zoom does is enlarge the pixels, which degrades quality. You can do the same thing on any computer with editing software. just zoom and crop. Exact same thing. Problem solved. Since the lens on digital zoom cameras dont move, like the do on aoptical zoom cameras, enlarging pixels is the only way to zoom and like I said, the same effect can be had by zooming in on the computer, or on your phone after the picture is taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    Was nice to have for the quicky video.
    That can certainly be taken more than one way...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horadin View Post
    just zoom and crop.
    Along those lines, some built in editting software would be nice, with zoom and tilt adjustment minimally.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huncher View Post
    * Video Recording
    * Copy/Paste Anything
    * Save Pictures From The Web
    * Forward Text Messaging
    * And More!

I doubt it. Sounds like you want an iPhone
    It shouldn't be synonymous to an iPhone. These are features that should be standard by now.
    Last edited by yiffzer; 07/18/2009 at 12:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I don't disagree with the policy. I'm just not willing to be the one to get someone fired. I used to live in Boston and still live less than an hour away. I've ridden the T many times. If I witnessed this I would sooner get off of the train at the next station than get someone fired. Just my feeling.
    A bit off topic but basically you're saying you have no responsibility for others but yourself? You won't stop a single person for the sake of hundreds (or thousands) but you will make a choice that serves your own interest with the disregard of others (especially when they could get hurt)?
    I hope video recording quality is just as good as the iPhones. I know my curves video was horrid. lol.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horadin View Post
    Zoom is not that big of an issue. All camera phones that have zoom use a digital zoom, not optical. all digital zoom does is enlarge the pixels, which degrades quality. You can do the same thing on any computer with editing software. just zoom and crop. Exact same thing. Problem solved. Since the lens on digital zoom cameras dont move, like the do on aoptical zoom cameras, enlarging pixels is the only way to zoom and like I said, the same effect can be had by zooming in on the computer, or on your phone after the picture is taken.
    sorry if this is going way off topic, but zoom isn't actually a stupid request.
    assuming the software isn't stupid, when you zoom before taking the picture, the white balance and exposure are adjusted to the new viewport. when cropping the photo after the fact, the camera adjusted the white balance and exposure based off of the whole image. if you are trying to zoom in on a dark object with a bright background (or light object on dark background) the picture quality will be much better if you zoomed before taking the picture, rather than cropping it later.

I do hope video recording comes soon. It's a very handy feature (but I will wait if palm promises to fix the calendar app first)
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    assuming the software isn't stupid, when you zoom before taking the picture, the white balance and exposure are adjusted to the new viewport. when cropping the photo after the fact, the camera adjusted the white balance and exposure based off of the whole image. if you are trying to zoom in on a dark object with a bright background (or light object on dark background) the picture quality will be much better if you zoomed before taking the picture, rather than cropping it later.

I do hope video recording comes soon. It's a very handy feature (but I will wait if palm promises to fix the calendar app first)
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I'd like to pile on and say this makes it so much easier for a quick pic you want to send by MMS. I don't want to fool around with editing for 10 minutes, I want to snap and send.

I'm also surprised that nobody has mentioned MMS for video. I came from a Motorola E815 and even it could do video MMS. It's fantastic for stupid pet tricks or stupid kid tricks that you want to share quickly.
    I cant wait for the NFL mobile app.. that was the only app i used on the instinct
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post

Ok, I can somewhat agree with that. But, this is partly false. "f you are trying to zoom in on a dark object with a bright background (or light object on dark background) the picture quality will be much better if you zoomed before taking the picture"

You will improve the lighting, not the quality because you are still blowing up the pixels degrading quality. Sorry I am nitpicking, I will stop now. I just couldn't stand someone making a decent argument without calling someone names first.

Now lets just hope that this update info we have is correct, but honestly it sounds like a rumor to me. Seems too good to be true this soon.
    I keep wondering why AOL IM was included and MSN Messenger wasn't... I seriously think that there are more people using MSN Messenger than AOL IM. So this is a MUST add update for the Palm Pre!!
    I read the new WebOS update is going to fix many issues and introduce new features:
    - "girlfriend limiter" doubles battery life by terminating specified contact calls after 5 min
    - added "bluetooth stutter beat" to new music mixing application
    - excessive heat now allows cooking on back of the Pre (requires new $79 back plate)
    - laundry app now correctly separates colors and whites
    - LED camera flash will double as laser for DIY corrective eye surgery
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I myself can't wait for video so when I am driving a train and a soccer mom in her mini van tries to beat me to the road crossing I can video the whole event . Why should we settle for just getting video on the Pre for train rides let's make sure we all have our phones recording every thing any other person does at every waking moment , it probably wont relly stop anything bad from happening but we will have the video memories forever...... or until the internet crashes.....
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson1900 View Post
    I read the new WebOS update is going to fix many issues and introduce new features:
    - "girlfriend limiter" doubles battery life by terminating specified contact calls after 5 min
    - added "bluetooth stutter beat" to new music mixing application
    - excessive heat now allows cooking on back of the Pre (requires new $79 back plate)
    - laundry app now correctly separates colors and whites
    - LED camera flash will double as laser for DIY corrective eye surgery
    Source?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nic426 View Post
    i cant wait for the nfl mobile app.. That was the only app i used on the instinct
    college!
    with all the tweeks on this site to make your phone even better, how hard would it be for palm just to implement what we have already figured out. Should be easy for palm to just cut and paste and get this to us without having to root your phone when you want to add a cool feature.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    I call bulls@#$!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I want more video codec support. If I can access my .avi, .wmv, .dvix files from my NAS at home, I"ll be one overjoyed pre owner, for sure.

Flash support would also be great, but that's going take some time.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast