Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    think about it: If a phone is lost, stolen, gotten wet, damaged, it is ALL covered under insurance.

In your case, your phone is physical damage, so yes pay your 100 bucks and you will get a replacement.

Sprints insurance is a no questions asked policy.
    It's only covered in those situation is you have the Total Equpment Protection (TEP) which is $7/month. If you have the $4 plan, it doesn't cover everything.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    "Sticker"? Please explain?
    There is a sticker on the inside of the phone that if it is broken voids warranties. It means that someone has been into the phone where they should not have been. There is also usally a sticke that is one color, and if it gets wet it changes colors to show that there has been water in that area of the phone. It may be the same sticker, I don't know for sure.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    "Sticker"? Please explain?
    The only sticker I see inside my phone is a microdot covering the upper right screw under the battery door cover. It says Palm. I blew into the hole, and now the sticker is gone.. LOL... Think I swallowed it...
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    don't worry man...I broke my sticker doing the same thing and when I went in for a replacement, they didn't even look at the screws.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    No, don't call Asurion first. Trust me, I've been dealing with Sprint and TEP coverage for years.

Find a Sprint store that is a repair center. Take it there first. As was suggested earlier, be honest with them. Chances are very good they will swap it out for you. Sprint goes the extra mile for folks with TEP. Unless the phone has major damage (like a car ran over it), or has been dropped in water, a Sprint service center will typically replace the unit with no deductable.

The worst that's going to happen, in your case, is that you will have to pay the $100, but they will advise you whether or not you should call Asurion.
    whats wrong with calling asurion?
    My nearest sprint store is sort of far away... and it would be a lot more convenient if someone can send it to me.
    if not I guess i have to get off my lazy *** and drive haha
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12