I tap the backup program, it states
    "Last Backup
    07/15/09 at 3:56 pm"

Question one: Where is my information backed up to? (for access)

Question two: How do I manipulate the backup settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by mzim View Post
    I tap the backup program, it states
    "Last Backup
    07/15/09 at 3:56 pm"

Question one: Where is my information backed up to? (for access)

Question two: How do I manipulate the backup settings?
    You can only turn the Pre Backup On or Off. You cannot change any other settings. Data is stored on Srint servers.

Also, only some of your data is backed up but not your music, photos, ringtones, wallpaper, etc. You can easily back these up though:

Backup Your Pre

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    You can only turn the Pre Backup On or Off. You cannot change any other settings. Data is stored on Srint servers.

Also, only some of your data is backed up but not your music, photos, ringtones, wallpaper, etc. You can easily back these up though:

Backup Your Pre

- Craig
    I thought it was Palm servers. The Palm profile web page is accessed via palm website.

Also, of course, anything that comes down to the Pre from facebook, etc. That info is backed up only where it came from (facebook, etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    I thought it was Palm servers. The Palm profile web page is accessed via palm website.

Also, of course, anything that comes down to the Pre from facebook, etc. That info is backed up only where it came from (facebook, etc.).
    Ron,

I have seen it said that it is backed up to Palm and others say Sprint. I cannot find a press release or official documentation from either company on this. It has to go through Sprint but I cannot prove where it ends up. Plus, I don't hink anyone has said where these servers are physically, who owns them, are they leased, etc. Regardless, I don't think that we can expect them to start backing up our music, photos, etc. any time soon.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Ok, since I have no idea where it is backed upto like Palm or Sprint I have a smart *ss answer...........its backed up onto "Pre Cloud"......I just had to do this cause I love this cloud stuff with the Pre.......
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinde View Post
    Ron,

I have seen it said that it is backed up to Palm and others say Sprint. I cannot find a press release or official documentation from either company on this. It has to go through Sprint but I cannot prove where it ends up. Plus, I don't hink anyone has said where these servers are physically, who owns them, are they leased, etc. Regardless, I don't think that we can expect them to start backing up our music, photos, etc. any time soon.

- Craig
    It goes through Sprint's network. It's accesses via Palm's servers. As to whether Palm is making Sprint hold the actual data from there, I can't say for sure. But I'd be surprised that Palm would have the front-end, but wouldn't also keep the data.