1.    #1  
    ok so i dropped my palm pre...i was standing so it dropped roughly 5 feet
    the space between the two sliding parts widened and now it twists alot more than it used to and the touchscreen completely stopped working....someone told me to try to tighten the screws and i ,unknowingly, broke the sticker on top of the screw which i later found out could void my warranty....tightening the screws didnt help so now i am going to try to file a claim.

Do they replace palm pres over mail or is the stock too low?

if they can, should i say that my phone got stolen? so that no one checks that i broke the security sticker?
    On the first pre i got the touch screen completly stopped working after only the 3rd day of having it. I didnt drop it or anything it just crapped out. I took it into the store and they had to order me a new one which took about a week and a half. I dont know what they will do about it if the figure out that you tried fix it but i would go in there and just tell them the the touch screen stopped working.
    If you have insurance just say you dropped it, they don't ask if you tried to fix it.. Just list all the problems it has and they will send you a new one.

If you don't, then add it and wait 3 days and THEN say you dropped it..
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    If you have insurance just say you dropped it, they don't ask if you tried to fix it.. Just list all the problems it has and they will send you a new one.

If you don't, then add it and wait 3 days and THEN say you dropped it..
    what do you mean by "add it then wait 3 days"?

and i dont need to show anyone that the phone doesnt work? because thats what I am afraid of. Im scared that they are gonna check to see if its broken and they open it to see inside and they see that i "tampered" with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfjar93 View Post
    what do you mean by "add it then wait 3 days"?

and i dont need to show anyone that the phone doesnt work? because thats what I am afraid of. Im scared that they are gonna check to see if its broken and they open it to see inside and they see that i "tampered" with it.
    he means if you DONT have insurance.. add it to your account, wait 3 days, then claim the phone as broken.. just saying you dropped it should work.. if that doesnt i'd say call sprint and tell them you lost it
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    This is shady but:
    Go to a store that does service and repair exchanges. Tell them the touchscreen has stopped working (don't mention the drop), and let them know another store tried to fix your wobble, but they weren't really able to help it any. They should be able to replace the unit just based on the failed touchscreen FOR FREE. If their tech comes back saying it was tampered with, you can simply say the other store was not a repair center but thought they could fix it anyway.

The craziest thing is: They may fix it! Stranger things have happened.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    This whole thread is getting too shady - locked.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's