Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I just got off a 5 minute conversation and notice the back of my keyboard was hot. Anyone else get this? I mean I won't burn or anything cuz I can hold on to different parts of the phone but does it normally get hot for people after 5 minutes or is it not even warm for some of you? Trying to figure out if that's a defect. On my 12th day.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabulls View Post
    I just got off a 5 minute conversation and notice the back of my keyboard was hot. Anyone else get this? I mean I won't burn or anything cuz I can hold on to different parts of the phone but does it normally get hot for people after 5 minutes or is it not even warm for some of you? Trying to figure out if that's a defect. On my 12th day.
    ru connected to wifi and ru running multiple apps in the background while on the 5 minute call?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    No apps were open. Wifi was on only cuz my phone gets hot if I surf the internet on the phones cell signal. Not hot when using wifi. During calls I have no choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by dabulls View Post
    No apps were open. Wifi was on only cuz my phone gets hot if I surf the internet on the phones cell signal. Not hot when using wifi. During calls I have no choice.
    do u have the touchstone matte cover?
    I think the heat issue is way overblown, I'm on my third pre, each of them started out getting pretty hot but this seemed to be temporary with more use. Don't get me wrong, the thing has gotten pretty hot for me, but its not gonna explode, and seems to go away after awhie.
    for me the only times its gotten hot r when i place it on the touchstone and im browsing the web via 3g and thats all
    I'm pretty hot after I've been talking to a fine lady for 5 minutes. Wait...what?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Mine starts getting warm after a few minutes, but it doesn't really start getting hot until about the 25/30 minute mark.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    When I carry my Pre in my pants pocket its hot before I ever make a call... maybe I should take it back.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I'm pretty hot after I've been talking to a fine lady for 5 minutes. Wait...what?
    It takes you that long? I'd be done by then. *rimshot*

the back of my keyboard does get hot as well ( i have the touchstone). I've noticed it mostly when it's being charged and playing Pandora over 3G. Its weird though, I would have expected the heat to come from the battery, but the battery is above the keyboard. What circuits are contained behind the keyboard?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I think the sprint radio is behind the keyboard, the right side, for cell signal. This explains the heat from that area whenever you use 3g.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Just for comparison, when I had my Centro and talked a long time (> 5 min) it would get warm also. It probably depends on a lot of factors including signal strength, running applications, etc..
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Yeah I have a centro, an 800w, and a 755p. They all get "warm" after 20 minutes or so. On my phone its like the second I dial I can sense warmth buildup and gets really warm after 5 minutes. I have this fear that when I use it with bluetooth and it sits somewhere while I talk for an hour it will melt lol.
    Mine got real hot for the 1st 2 to 3 weeks I had mine. In the 3rd week it began to be noticeably less hot. The main thing you need to keep in mind is the radio and processor when active use up the most battery and thus generate the most heat as well. I haven't had a phone smart or dumb style in the last 5 years that hasn't gotten hot when talking on the phone.