1.    #1  
    I HATE typing in the entire number, searching for hte name, or fumbling through my recent calls to find my usual contacts.

I just switched from the Touch which I was running SPB Mobile Shell on, and I'm used to the SPB Contacts where I was always one or two taps away from dialing a frequently called person.

Is there anything like this for the Pre yet?
    Speed dial. Or use universal search, from the launcher start to type a name or initials and the candidates will appear then select the right one.
    1) Speed dial
    2) Universal search (just start typing a name)
    3) Add frequent contacts to your Launcher
    Or you can add your most frequent contacts to your launcher -- 3 taps to connect to a call.

Add a Contact Entry to the Launcher
    Assign your favorite contacts to the Launcher, so you can open them directly from that
    location.
    1. Open Contacts .
    2. Tap the contact name.
    3. Open the application menu and tap Add to Launcher.
    4. (Optional) Edit the first and last name as you want them to appear in the Launcher.
    5. Tap Add To Launcher.

(from page 140 of Sprint Palm Pre Users Guide)
    speed dial's the easiest, unless you have like 50 numbers that you frequently call
    I think that the universal search is quite pointless when it comes to dialing
    Why is universal search pointless when it comes to dialing? Its the feature I use the most.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    1) Speed dial
    2) Universal search (just start typing a name)
    3) Add frequent contacts to your Launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Or you can add your most frequent contacts to your launcher -- 3 taps to connect to a call.

Add a Contact Entry to the Launcher
    Assign your favorite contacts to the Launcher, so you can open them directly from that
    location.
    1. Open Contacts .
    2. Tap the contact name.
    3. Open the application menu and tap Add to Launcher.
    4. (Optional) Edit the first and last name as you want them to appear in the Launcher.
    5. Tap Add To Launcher.

(from page 140 of Sprint Palm Pre Users Guide)

I open contacts, find person, tap name - and there is no option for speed dial OR add to launcher. Add to launcher would be awesome.
    I came from the Treo so I use speed dial for 3-5 numbers and everything else is universal search. In universal search, I find it easiest to use first and last initial. Because I don't have to open up contacts or sms, I find it even easier than on the Treo. The typing the phone number route doesn't work for me.
  9.    #9  
    hang on, I see... here's the correct instructions:

Open contacts
    find person
    click name
    THEN click "Contacts" up in top left
    Drop down menu will THEN show "Add to Launcher"
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Montana View Post
    I open contacts, find person, tap name - and there is no option for speed dial OR add to launcher. Add to launcher would be awesome.
    Once you have selected the name, click the tab in the upper left corner that says "Contacts." Add to Launcher is on the menu.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke33 View Post

this was my solution
    thanks (thumbsup)