1.    #1  
    I don't know about you all but when I'm responding to multiple SMS messages at the same time I end up responding to the wrong person. I know there's a hack to open them in different cards but I think it would be far better to have different colors for each thread represented in both thread view and when responding to the individual threads (think like Google Calendar has different colors for each calendar) I can't imagine it being too difficult. What do you guys think?
    I like the idea of having a window for each person, I hate having to use the back gesture to get to the "main sms menu"

I also think the diff colors would be awesome too, especially if you had several to choose from and could give each person a color so you go, Ohh yellow, that's joes favorite color, and you instantly know it is him
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    I like this idea, too. I mean, you could just look at the name each time, but I've forgotten a few times and sent a text to the wrong person.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    I like the idea of having a window for each person, I hate having to use the back gesture to get to the "main sms menu"
    But I don't see the benefit of separate cards, at least in terms in the number of steps needed to accomplish the task.

Switching thread normally:
    1. Swipe back
    2. Choose different thread

Switching thread in cards:
    1. Swipe up
    2. Swipe to different SMS card
    3. Choose card

Plus more cards open can use up memory and prevent you from having other apps open. But at least we agree on different colors can benefit either method.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Good ideas in time will come. If palm didn't have time for text forwarding, i don't see this happening anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    But I don't see the benefit of separate cards, at least in terms in the number of steps needed to accomplish the task.

Switching thread normally:
    1. Swipe back
    2. Choose different thread

Switching thread in cards:
    1. Swipe up
    2. Swipe to different SMS card
    3. Choose card
    Unless you are using advanced gestures. In that case, you can swipe from one card to the next with a single swipe. For two or three conversations, this would work well.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    Good ideas in time will come. If palm didn't have time for text forwarding, i don't see this happening anytime soon.
    I have no faith that Palm will do this, that's why I'm throwing it out in the Precentral forums.