Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    im on my 5th replacement phone and it STILL has the same defects as the previous 4. Tried calling sprint and they jus keep sending me more and more refurbished phones that are defective...what the hell is going on!
    whats the problem with the phone? you gotta relax and not be so picky :/
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I understand im not suppose to be picky but when the whole bottom screen is discolored then im going to start being picky...exp when i get 4 phones with the same problem
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    That sucks dude. What are the issues you are having?

If I were you I'd mention I was thinking of switching to a new carrier because of the issues and so that way they get you to the retentions team. Explain the situation to them and explain how you are highly considering leaving for AT&T or Verizon if they do not send you out a NEW phone instead of a defective refurbished model. There job is to keep you as a customer by meeting any reasonable request you have and I think 4 junked refurbed phones is reason enough to send you a new one to keep you as a customer.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Believe me i have. I spent serveral hours on the phone with sprint the other day complaining about the refurbished phones. They told me they are going to send me another replacement phone and i ordered them not to. I told them i wanted a BRAND NEW PHONE. But there "policy" states that i can't do that because im over my 30 days. But what i don't get is that i havent been able to mess with my phone for more then a week because its always DEFECTIVE!!!

they transferred me from one department to another and kept putting me on hold. Once i got intouch with a higher authority i told them the same thing....you know what he did? he transferred me to cancellation...i don't know if this is called SERVICE but i had ENOUGH!!!!
    I got my pre, it has discoloration at the bottom, along the right side, and 2 big blotches on the top left.

It also constantly drops signal to 1 bar then back to 5 - when 20 feet from an air rave.

Also Email notifications cannot be disabled even tho all options are turned off

Also half the time when i plug it in, it doesnt recognize the charger or charge

None of these issues are enough to make me want to get a replacement. At least until I'm sure that all of these issues would be fixed with a replacement.

Besides, I personally dont like owning a refirb, I dont want someone elses molested phone, and I like seeing "refirb: No" on ##786#
    It took me three tries before I got a Pre that wasn't defective.

The first one had unbearable static whenever you tried to place an outgoing call. I tried calling from multiple locations to be sure it wasn't just RF interference or lack of Sprint coverage in one particular place. No dice, it was static everywhere.

Returned that one and got a second Pre, which had some kind of battery issue that caused it to randomly shut down periodically. Didn't matter how much charge was left in the battery or what I was doing, the screen would flash and then it would just silently shut down. Sometimes this would happen while the phone was in my pocket, so for hours my phone would be off and I wouldn't notice until I took it out again and discovered that I'd missed a bunch of calls.

Returned THAT one and got a THIRD Pre, which has worked fine. (So far.)

The only saving grace is that Sprint didn't give me any hassles when I returned each unit -- even when I came in with the second defective one, they had me out the door with a new unit within twenty minutes.

Now that I have one that works reliably I love my Pre, but if my experience (and the original poster's) is any indication, Palm has some serious hardware quality control issues to work out.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    they deff do have things to work out. When i called palm support, they tried tellin me to send my phone in and PAY 40 DOLLARS to get it repaired. I told them flat out that i dont want my phone repaired, im not paying a dime, i want a brand new phone. But yet again, they couldn't help me out. so my only option is to keep gettin refurb phone and hope for the best or just drop this phone and get a blackberry

The thing is, i LOVE this phone. but i cant stand all the defective models that im getting. Do they even check the phone before they ship them out?!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    My Pre was doing the oreo so I called in and had them send out a replacement. It arrived in a refurb box and had an even more pronounced oreo effect. I called in to explain this and they sent me out yet another phone. It was also refurbished and also was doing the oreo thing. I decided to go to a sprint store and see if they could tighten up my original pre. The sprint employee told me it was normal and that they all do that then offered to order a refurb phone for me. I just walked out as I dont want another refurb. I'm still within my 30 days but cant seem to get a "New" replacement. At this point I guess I'm just going to have to live with it. Maybe Ill get insurance and make a claim in 6 months when the hardware bugs get worked out.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myeyez View Post
    My Pre was doing the oreo so I called in and had them send out a replacement. It arrived in a refurb box and had an even more pronounced oreo effect. I called in to explain this and they sent me out yet another phone. It was also refurbished and also was doing the oreo thing. I decided to go to a sprint store and see if they could tighten up my original pre. The sprint employee told me it was normal and that they all do that then offered to order a refurb phone for me. I just walked out as I dont want another refurb. I'm still within my 30 days but cant seem to get a "New" replacement. At this point I guess I'm just going to have to live with it. Maybe Ill get insurance and make a claim in 6 months when the hardware bugs get worked out.
    Welcome to my world =]
    I'm waiting on my 6th pre to come in, hopefully tomorrow, and if its still defective then i just might have to take the same route as you and file an insurance claim down the road.
    When i called palm support, they tried tellin me to send my phone in and PAY 40 DOLLARS to get it repaired. I told them flat out that i dont want my phone repaired, im not paying a dime, i want a brand new phone. But yet again, they couldn't help me out. so my only option is to keep gettin refurb phone and hope for the best or just drop this phone and get a blackberry
    Wait, what? Sprint replaced (not repaired, replaced) each of mine free of charge with brand new Pres, not refurbs, right there the same day I brought the defective units into the store.

The first time I got charged a $35 restocking fee because I didn't have the original packaging with me, but I brought the packaging in to them the next day and they refunded the fee. The second time they hit a policy where they can only accept one exchange, so they refunded the complete purchase price of the original Pre to my CC and then I "bought" the replacement for the same price. So both times I walked out of the store with a new-in-box Pre for effectively nothing.

So maybe the lesson here is -- don't deal with Palm, deal with Sprint? I never talked to Palm at all about my replacements, and Sprint took care of me pretty well, all things considered...
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I tried dealing with sprint. They replaced my first phone for a brand new one. After that, they tried telling me i have to go through service and repair for another exchange...so i did and now im in this predicament
    Ugh, that sucks! Sounds like you need to find a helpful Sprint clerk like the one I stumbled across, who can help you get around that ridiculous policy the way mine did (processing your old phone as a "return" and then selling you a replacement)... might be worth hitting a few Sprint stores in your area and seeing if you can find someone who'll play ball.

If you're in or near Washington DC, feel free to PM me and I'll send you the contact info of the guy who helped me out...
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I have a feeling now that im on my 5th replacement, any sprint store around here would just order me another refurbished phone

and my "30 days is up" hahahaha i love it!
    Threaten to take them to small claims court if they won't at least refund your money. 30 days is a fair evaluation period if the device works during that time, but if they never provided you with a working device you didn't have 30 days to evaluate it, you had zero days.

No idea if you'd actually win in small claims court, but if you make a big enough noise they'll probably refund your money just to avoid the hassle of finding out...

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    ive made all the noise i can. And i tried telling them that i havent been able to evaluate the phone within the 30 days because ive been returning them left and right. But they still insist on giving me the same excuse that the 30 days is up and now im STUCK with going through service and repair
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    Believe me i have. I spent serveral hours on the phone with sprint the other day complaining about the refurbished phones. They told me they are going to send me another replacement phone and i ordered them not to. I told them i wanted a BRAND NEW PHONE. But there "policy" states that i can't do that because im over my 30 days. But what i don't get is that i havent been able to mess with my phone for more then a week because its always DEFECTIVE!!!

they transferred me from one department to another and kept putting me on hold. Once i got intouch with a higher authority i told them the same thing....you know what he did? he transferred me to cancellation...i don't know if this is called SERVICE but i had ENOUGH!!!!
    Don't take this the wrong way, but there comes a point when it costs a company less to "fire" a customer than it does to try and help them.

I'm not saying your problems are not legitimate, but by now they probably have you marked as someone who will never be happy and they want to cut their losses.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I'm gonna call bs here. Statistically, it isn't possible for you to be getting 5 defective phones in a row with the same issues of hundreds of thousands of phones in circulation. Call me a hater. Flame on.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    I'm gonna call bs here. Statistically, it isn't possible for you to be getting 5 defective phones in a row with the same issues of hundreds of thousands of phones in circulation. Call me a hater. Flame on.
    You can call all the BS you want. If you want me to take screenshots i'll be more then happy to. I'll also give you the number to the sprint store i been going to constantly and they will also tell you they have never seen the same problem occur. They were suprised, so they kept ordering me replacement phones.

And after my 4th phone, thats when i started to contact sprint directly.

So your statistics are wrong because i don't bullshti about things like this. Why would I even bother
    Do you use the touchstone? Because after i use that for a few hours my screen gets yellow but it comes back quickly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast