Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    After adding more bookmarks to the Web app I noticed that only the first 12 can be viewed on the startup page. You have to open the list to see the rest of them. This seems like a strange limitation. I realize you can create icons in the launcher too, but I'd rather not clutter that up so much with lesser used bookmarks. No big deal, but hopefully it will be fixed in an update.
    Is there a kb shortcut to bookmarks? Hitting menu and than bookmarks kinda stinks.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ^ I agree. I was confused about this limitation at first. I wish there was a way to have the bookmark list open when you press the web app icon.
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    I was wondering the same thing.
    By design these are the first twelve bookmarks the one's you use the most and want quick access to. They are totally customizable by going into the favorites and dragging the sites you want to the first twelve slots. This is no different than Google chrome, which only shows the nine thumbnails of your most visited sites.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    By design these are the first twelve bookmarks the one's you use the most and want quick access to. They are totally customizable by going into the favorites and dragging the sites you want to the first twelve slots. This is no different than Google chrome, which only shows the nine thumbnails of your most visited sites.
    Safari 4 does something similar with a Top Sites page. The difference is that it's a one-page view, so naturally limited in scope. In the Pre Web app you have to scroll to see all 12 of the displayed bookmarks, so why not let you keep scrolling?
    agreed. i thought i lost a few bookmarks the first time, and went back and added some more until I figured out what was going on. Just let us keep scrolling like everywhere else on the pre! (or swipe sideways for more pages).
    I wonder if this is something that can be modded just like all the other stuff from the wiki. I am going to be looking into this stuff myself soon.
    I have for years always used a homemade "homepage" for links that I accessed most on my pc, so I made one formatted to pre-style yesterday. 320 pixels wide, and can be as long as you want, with as many links as you want. Each picture or site logo is hyperlinked to open in a "new page", that way I can always jump back to the links page for easy, quick access. If you were to scroll down beyond this screenshot, I have a photo I like of my family and I can tap the person to bring up their phone number in the dialer, or tap along the bottom to bring up the text messaging app. It takes a little set-up, but it works for me. I like to be able to customize it to my preferences. And for me it's fun to mess with....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You can start typing part of the site name and it pulls it up a list from bookmarks & history. A lot faster than scrolling through anything. You don't even have to type a full name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riebs View Post
    ^ I agree. I was confused about this limitation at first. I wish there was a way to have the bookmark list open when you press the web app icon.
    Same. I want the list instead of the icon we currently have now. And an option to view the last viewed page instead.