1.    #1  
    Coming home from hangin out lastnight I stopped to get some dinner and when I got home I grabbed my cup of soda and my pre with the same hand...anywho when I got in the house I sat my pre on the table and my cup tipped over and dripped soda on my Pre screen, keypad, and the little hole on the screen.

*update*
    Its the next day and I haven't had any problems with the buttons, sounds, or screen. Everythings works just as well as before I had that accident so ALL is well!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Niiiiiiiice. Good to hear.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Was there caffeine in the soda...think that makes the difference if it ruins the Pre or not.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Was there caffeine in the soda...think that makes the difference if it ruins the Pre or not.
    Not sure about the details of the soda, I jus know it was in a cup with the straw top and the soda came through the straw top when it tipped over. The keypad thank god doesn't easily let liquid get through otherwise I would be @ sprint now getting another Pre..lol
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Lucky with the straw part...should be fine if you didn't make the Pre a soda submarine.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    a few days ago I was sick and was putting a bag of ice on my because of a fever, and in my medicated haze I put down the bag of ice next to me and passed out for an hour or so, and when I woke up, I realized i put the bag right on top of my pre, so all the moisture got the phone all wet...I started freakin the F out, drying it it and checkin that it was ok...and it was! nothing happened to it, very glad.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I stopped at a fast food place on the way to work, paid for my food through the drivethru, and they handed me my large drink in a styrofoam cup. I put it into my cupholder, which unbeknowest to me had something in it and it poked a hole in the cup. I took the cup out to take a sip of the drink and a stream of soda spewed onto my passenger seat where my Pre was laying attached to the stereo merrily playing music. Luckily I carry a towel in my car, dried him off, and never have had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyzer_Soze View Post
    Coming home from hangin out lastnight I stopped to get some dinner and when I got home I grabbed my cup of soda and my pre with the same hand...anywho when I got in the house I sat my pre on the table and my cup tipped over and dripped soda on my Pre screen, keypad, and the little hole on the screen.

*update*
    Its the next day and I haven't had any problems with the buttons, sounds, or screen. Everythings works just as well as before I had that accident so ALL is well!

check your PMs
  9.    #9  
    hey thanks for the info...I appreciate it...I had a question about how but I can't send pms yet..lol
  10.    #10  
    *update # 2*

Ok soooo yesterday I was gettin phone calls but I wasn't able to answer because the phone icon wasn't popping up, the phone wouldn't end calls, and it was slower.....long story short, I took friends advie and exchanged it. My new phones much better and feels much better than the first!