Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64
  1. Riebs's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    The reasons do not matter. I love the amazing device. I am not an ingrate. I don't know if it a Palm person, a Sprint person or both. This is a marketing matter and nothing else. ANY ***** should have foreseen that releasing a new device to early adopters and enthusiasts and adding NOTHING to the app catalog for five weeks is just plain stupid.
    Dang...everyone would have been happier if they'd have started with 24 and milked out the other ones on a weekly basis or something.
    I KNOW I can root and do homebrew etc but that's not the point.
    To top it all of they never give us any advance notice or any kind of idead of what's coming...
    I'm glad you started a new thread on this topic because it has never been discussed on this forum before. [/END SARCASM]
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
  2. mattickus's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Huncher View Post
    Does not take long for them to spring into action

    Lovin the logo!
  3. #23  
    Oh, another whining thread. And here I thought it was someone who didn't like the traditional "-30-" (or sometimes "-30-30-30-") that ends press releases and newswire stories...
  4. Clack's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    The SDK was just released. I think this thread just failed.
    No, the beta SDK was released. Furthermore, app submissions, according the the release, are currently scheduled for the "fall". It's clear they are trying to get this done before Xmas, but myself as well as other interested developers are VERY disappointed at Palm releasing the phone without an production quality SDK. It's not like this is a new idea.

    So, please go back and re-read the annoucement and check your facts.

    Thanks.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    there is already a few threads about this. If you dont like the app store return your phone within the 30 days.
    Great answer! Where did you get that line from? He's making a very valid point (Although maybe in another threat) and you give him the same stupid comeback....nice
    .
    .
    .

    What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

    "Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    you do realize that palm is not making these apps right? they are 3rd party developers. go complain on their forums if you want them to make apps faster.
    You DO realize that Palm controls the the third party developers...RIGHT?
    .
    .
    .

    What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

    "Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
  7. #27  
    Palm never promised us a million instant apps....they always said they would open up the thing in late summer....its not even august yet...
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    No, the beta SDK was released. Furthermore, app submissions, according the the release, are currently scheduled for the "fall". It's clear they are trying to get this done before Xmas, but myself as well as other interested developers are VERY disappointed at Palm releasing the phone without an production quality SDK. It's not like this is a new idea.

    So, please go back and re-read the annoucement and check your facts.

    Thanks.
    The Official Palm Blog

    I don't see any mention of it being a beta SDK. Man you must be really uptight, 2 weeks ago you were probably complaining that there's no SDK, now there's an SDK, and you're complaining that it's not made of gold and encrusted with diamonds.

    I call Troll.
  9. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #29  
    Had to vent a little, but I think we can put this under the "Who the Bleep cares" threads. To some people apps are very important, to others it is a "they will get here when they get here" kinda thing. I am one of the latter and all the complaining about the lack of apps will not get them out any faster. I love the Pre and the capability of syncing my emails, contacts, calendars, physical keyboard, etc. and the apps are just the icing on the cake. When they are available I will probably download them like everyone else. Until that time I am going to chill out and enjoy the using the phone itself.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    The SDK was just released. I think this thread just failed.
    As stated before: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post1746534
    Why can't the mobile device manufactures get that most want a touch screen and a front face QWERTY?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    No, the beta SDK was released. Furthermore, app submissions, according the the release, are currently scheduled for the "fall". It's clear they are trying to get this done before Xmas, but myself as well as other interested developers are VERY disappointed at Palm releasing the phone without an production quality SDK. It's not like this is a new idea.

    So, please go back and re-read the annoucement and check your facts.

    Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure you are wrong, I didn't see anything in the announcement that said the SDK was "beta". The beta was the "early release" program. The Application Catalog is still beta, the WebOS developers site is beta, but I saw nothing that indicated the SDK was. What's your source?
  12. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    No, the beta SDK was released. Furthermore, app submissions, according the the release, are currently scheduled for the "fall". It's clear they are trying to get this done before Xmas, but myself as well as other interested developers are VERY disappointed at Palm releasing the phone without an production quality SDK. It's not like this is a new idea.

    So, please go back and re-read the annoucement and check your facts.

    Thanks.
    SO again..what's your point? Be disappointed. You are not a developer. Name all the smartphones who's 1.0 SDK were released on launch or even a month after


    and go....
  13. Clack's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    SO again..what's your point? Be disappointed. You are not a developer. Name all the smartphones who's 1.0 SDK were released on launch or even a month after


    and go....
    Acutally, I am a developer but it is clear you are not.

    The Andriod SDK was released in Beta when the phone was released: more importantly Google & T-Mobile keep interested parties informed. Palm hasn't done well given the idea has been on the market for a few years now.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  14. Clack's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm pretty sure you are wrong, I didn't see anything in the announcement that said the SDK was "beta". The beta was the "early release" program. The Application Catalog is still beta, the WebOS developers site is beta, but I saw nothing that indicated the SDK was. What's your source?
    Early release == beta. Don't let marketing fool you.

    And incidently, I have spoke with Sprint about how their partner failed to relase the SDK. And they do know the screwed the pouch on the SDK.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  15. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    Acutally, I am a developer but it is clear you are not.

    The Andriod SDK was released in Beta when the phone was released: more importantly Google & T-Mobile keep interested parties informed. Palm hasn't done well given the idea has been on the market for a few years now.

    So cry me a river. What's your point? Palm sucks?..im making a memo in my Palm Pre right now.
  16. #36  
    I am tired of this App bs.

    Jesus christ....new phone...new OS....if you thought apps would be plentiful the first day you are a fool.

    End of story. Return the Pre, get an iPhone if you want 50,000+ apps RIGHT NOW.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    Early release == beta. Don't let marketing fool you.
    In your enthusiasm to bang on Palm, I suspect you didn't read the announcemnt. What was there until about two hours ago was the "early release program". Now it's the released SDK. Not Beta. Here's the announcement (my emphasis added):

    After a successful early access program, Palm’s Mojo Software Development Kit is available to all interested app developers.
    Here's the link. Your comment back to you, "check your facts".
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Clack View Post
    ...
    And incidently, I have spoke with Sprint about how their partner failed to relase the SDK. And they do know the screwed the pouch on the SDK.
    Well, it's nice to see you've found an excuse for not developing. I guess it beats "I can't develop on the Pre, and I hate Palm because of it".
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple.Sevens View Post
    The Official Palm Blog

    I don't see any mention of it being a beta SDK. Man you must be really uptight, 2 weeks ago you were probably complaining that there's no SDK, now there's an SDK, and you're complaining that it's not made of gold and encrusted with diamonds while fellating you..

    I call Troll.
    Fixed.
  20. #40  
    Ok, I'll bite:

    What the **** is "30...30...30..."??
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions