1.    #1  
    Hello,
    So I thought I would do a small review on my palm that I got off ebay! I was skeptical of getting the pre off ebay after reading all the hardware defects with the phone, but I lucked out I guess. I opened the package ( was used for less than a day by the person) and everything was in the box. The phone was perfect with NO oreo twist (it does have a minimal minimal amount of play, and none when slid open), no dead pixels etc. anyway for those of you who are skeptical about getting one off ebay, just make sure the seller is reputable.

Pros:

* Love WebOS, so smooth. I'm coming from the HTC Touch Pro, WinMo 6.1 seems to crawl compared to it.
    *Synergy
    *Keyboard isn't that bad, i can actually type probably just as fast as my touch pro, just because I would type on the pro and would take 10 minutes for the text to catch back up.
    * multitasking is AWESOME
    *battery life better than my TP

Cons:
    * feels cheap
    * Sharp edges
    * battery door scratches easily

I know some people are very picky about the hardware issues, but i am a pretty easy going person and am perfectly happy with my pre!
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Get the touchstone battery cover...trust me, it will make the build quality feel so much better. You wouldn't think that it would make a big difference, but it does. They should have just made it stock.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    Get the touchstone battery cover...trust me, it will make the build quality feel so much better. You wouldn't think that it would make a big difference, but it does. They should have just made it stock.
    I concur.. the Touchstone battery cover makes it feel a *LOT* better.. Plus the back is more scratch resistent.
  4.    #4  
    I am seriously considering the touchstone... but I'm not sure if i will like the shiny front finish with the dull battery cover finish?
    what plans can you use the phone with? and whats the benefit with buying from ebay and not from sprint besides the wait list thing?
  6.    #6  
    You must have the Everything Data Plan ( which is what I am on) or the Simply Everything plan... I had the Sprint Powerpack plan before, and the data plan ended up being CHEAPER! anyway ya a bonus from buying from ebay is no contract....
    Personally I think the touchstone is total junk but the cover is worth every penny. It makes the phone go from feeling cheap to feeling acceptable.

Funny, pre release people would get so pissed off when Gizmodo said the phone felt cheap. Now they realize what they meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Personally I think the touchstone is total junk but the cover is worth every penny. It makes the phone go from feeling cheap to feeling acceptable.

Funny, pre release people would get so pissed off when Gizmodo said the phone felt cheap. Now they realize what they meant.
    We do? Really? All of us? Are you sure?

See, I bought this plastic phone, and surprise surprise, wasn't surprised when it felt like plastic.

I guess if a person equates weight with quality, it might feel cheap.
  9.    #9  
    does the touchstone battery cover make the phone look thick?