1.    #1  
    i got a call and the screen lit but then it went black...i still tapped the screen and it answered it was weird....had to open the slider to light up the screen...1st time it happens...happen to anyone?

edit: i do have a rubber cover with IS but i just checked by calling my house to my cell and it worked well.....the screen lit and stay lit....very weird
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 07/15/2009 at 11:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I know the screen turns black when you put your face or cover the screen during a call. Its a nice feature. Did you have ur hand or face near the screen during the call?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dabulls View Post
    I know the screen turns black when you put your face or cover the screen during a call. Its a nice feature. Did you have ur hand or face near the screen during the call?
    That feature works during a call...this happened while the phone was ringing...
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Did you pick the phone up off the touchstone when it rang?
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Did you pick the phone up off the touchstone when it rang?
    My phone wasn't on the touchstone...
    I had this problem before I took the factory screen protector off. The problem disappeared after I removed it. However, I do want to protect the screen so a screen protector is a must. I put a commercial one on, and the phone has the same problem again.

There needs to be some button you can press to override the black screen. I answered and hung up from a call, and my screen will not turn back on no matter what. It has been unresponsive for two hours. Also, the screen still doesn't come on if I receive another call, and I have to slide it open to answer it.

This is a really silly bug that needs to be fixed. My Pre is rendered useless, I'm not sure how it ever begins to work again but it seems to require several hours.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I had the same problem today. At the time I received the call I had the homebrew stp watch timer running.
    Resetting the phone will bring it back to working order. Press n hold [orange] [Sym] and [R].

It still takes several minutes to come back up, but it's better than several hours. I'm still hoping for a real fix.
    Plus taking off the factory cover