1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I'm unsuccessful in trying to find the best way to jailbreak the Palm Pre and took get access to those exciting apps. I hope it is not complicated.

Thanks
    Mike
    Go to the WebOS Development forum and check out the sticky. That's all the info you'll need.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/

check this out, and look at the sticky of the simple how to guide, pretty good overall!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike35714 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm unsuccessful in trying to find the best way to jailbreak the Palm Pre and took get access to those exciting apps. I hope it is not complicated.

Thanks
    Mike
    Has anybody been able to sucessfully put fileCoaster on their phone ????
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Well shiz yea!!!
    On a serious note yes, but i would direct you to quick install and ultimately preware search the forums for instructions and install help.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    lol jailbreak a pre.

it comes already jailbroken
    Quote Originally Posted by shizwalk View Post
    Has anybody been able to sucessfully put fileCoaster on their phone ????
    First of all, I seem to recall a few people having trouble with file coaster right after the 1.3.1 update came out, but I'm not sure.

Either way, filecoaster is really no longer needed. It was the shiz when it came out, but Preware has completely superceeded it, except for the ability to install an IPK by typing in a URL, which I've never needed or wanted to do.

As others have eluded to, there is no "jailbreaking" a Pre. The iphone needs to be jailbroken because it's made my apple, and apple hates their customers and thinks they are all thieves.

The Pre is designed to make it easy and "legal" to install all the homebrew software you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike35714 View Post
    Hey guys,
    http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals