1.    #1  
    Can't get in my device. I did a partial erase and it won't accept my Palm profile code. I've been on the phone with support, but to no avail. Is there a keyboard shortcut for a hard reset?

I've tried the support page for it to erase my device, but when I click on the profile, the device still knows my name so I don't think it will do a full erase until an sms can get to the phone which can't happen if I can't get into the phone.
    if you hold down orange,+ sym,+ (R) will do a reboot. but to do a full reboot, go to device info,reset options and then full erase.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com:
    if you hold down orange,+ sym,+ (R) will do a reboot. but to do a full reboot, go to device info,reset options and then full erase.
    Thank you. I've tried that, it's a soft reset. I'm hoping that there is also a short cut for a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Thank you. I've tried that, it's a soft reset. I'm hoping that there is also a short cut for a hard reset.
    i doubt there is...
    This is what I would try.

I would try the reset combo then start holding down the power button. Dont let it go until you see the Palm logo. It will probably prompt you for a hard reset at that point. Give it a try.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Is a soft reset the same as powering the phone off and then on? And is a hard reset the same as either of the two erase methods in the Device Info page?

Why would anyone need keyboard shortcuts? Not being a smartass, I just don't understand...
    Last edited by tim.gier; 07/15/2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: clarity
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by tim.gier:
    . . .And is a hard reset the same as either of the two erase methods in the Device Info page?
    I can't get to the device info screen. I'm stuck on needing the password to sign into the device. It won't accept the password so I can't get to anything else.
  8.    #8  
    I think I've found what I'm looking for in this thread "In case you can't get the webOS Doctor to work..."