Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I just saw the advertisement while watching Fox.
    It starts out like a Sprint Now Commercial, where they have all these statistics.
    Then it's like "Get the new Palm Pre..."

And then it's like "you save $1600 on Sprint than on AT&T a year" or something like that. Then it's like "...enough to build a Dunkin' Donuts in space".
    It kept showing the Palm Pre, which was a good sign.

A good attack to AT&T in my opinion.
    I just hope Palm commercials can attack Apple commercials like this Sprint Ad did.

So overall, good stuff.
    There is no advantage for palm to market their advertisements in such a way as to take shots at other devices or companies. All they need to do is market their device to their target audience or entice them with their current theme of hot chick talks sexy while using the pre. On the other hand it is to sprints advantage to show to AT&T customers who's contracts are up or about to be up that they can save money over going with the iphone on AT&T. For those not too particular about certain aspects or are into the latest and greatest tech or just into the whole fad thing which often times can happen with mobiles they will more than likely switch for the savings.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    There is no advantage for palm to market their advertisements in such a way as to take shots at other devices or companies.
    Yeah, it's a Sprint commercial, not a Palm one.
    It's probably not smart to feed the flames of the iPhone vs. Pre debate. I myself hate the idea of the two phones even being compared to one another. They're like... apples and oranges. Or maybe in the same line of citrus fruit, but definately different tastes. Maybe oranges and lemons?
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I think it's completely fair and not a "shot" at all to say how much their subscribers would save over their competitors.

I don't get the donut thing though. What am I missing there?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    What you're missing is that Dunkin Donuts paid big money for the ad placement.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacarias View Post
    They're like... apples and oranges. Or maybe in the same line of citrus fruit, but definately different tastes. Maybe oranges and lemons?
    Come on, the Pre isn't ANY kind of fruit. It's a polished river stone. So they're actually like organics and inorganics.

Yeesh. I don't know HOW MANY times this has been covered in the forums.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I probably should have put quotes for my paraphrase of the OP. I totally agree that it is fair that sprint would make the cost comparison. I also agree that even though iphone and pre are both smartphones it is a simple fact that everything will get compared to whats popular. Just consider MMOs. Even if a MMO is so completely different from World of Warcraft it will get compared to it simply because of popularity.
    This ad just made me laugh. I love the snarky attitude and fun wit in these Sprint spots.