Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    itunes doesnt work anymore... does anyone else just doesn't care? itunes is much crap. why..why use it. when you can just drag and drop..
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Not sure how itunes runs on a mac, but I stopped using it to sync my ipod a few months ago. I run Vista and the damn program takes so long to even start up that I got tired of it pretty quickly. I use songbird to transfer.

If I don't even use itunes to sync my ipod, the idea of syncing my pre with it never stood a chance.
    If it was not for the forums, I wouldn't have even noticed. I don't use Itunes for anything except streaming radio (on my laptop) and some podcasts that I rarely listen to, and never care to sync to the Pre.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    yeah................hanh
    I'm with you Techno. Honestly, I think that was more or less used as marketing. Everyone knew Apple would cry when they found out a Palm would sync with iTunes, that's what they do The only nice thing about iTunes was that it wouldn't create 100,000 picture folders for album art on the pre, like dragging/dropping does. The other programs might not do that either, I never used em. Fix the album art issue, and the we are better off without it anyway..
    Lot of rationalizing going on
    I never would have used it anyway
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I hate Itunes.
    I can't believe I installed it after I got a stupid Ipod Video.

I drag and drop.
    For users that don't understand what a file is and just have "My iTunes" this is a big deal. I wonder how long until palm does an update to try to fight back?
    I hate Itunes and this gives me a reason to uninstall it. Thanks Apple for helping me make more room on my hard drive.

I do wish someone could figure out how to sync with Microsoft Zune though!

Anyone else use Zune?
    I've never used an Apple product.
    iTunes is an Apple product.
    Therefore, I've never used iTunes.
    QED
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I have a zune.

I use winamp for the pre. Love winamp. Wish zunes worked on winamp.
    I have never owned an Apple product either.

I can appreciate Apple and try not to be hateful towards Apple fanatics. I do happen to think that Apple has created some pretty cool products.

Just... The Apple lifestyle is too trendy and expensive for this Goat. And most Apple people erk me the wrong way for some reason or another.

So iTunes sync? iTunes has never made it to any device/computer that I have ever owned. So this Goat could care less.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Yup no need for I-Tunes here either . I like just using Windows Explorer and Drop them into the pre.
    If you wanted itunes, seems you would be smart enough to know you would have an ipod or iphone... at least everyone here seems to understand that.... lol

Don't know what palm is trying to do here.....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    that whole -only one computer per device- logic is stupid, so yeah, dont care about itunes not working.

mediamonkey is doing the trick for me
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    If you wanted itunes, seems you would be smart enough to know you would have an ipod or iphone... at least everyone here seems to understand that.... lol

Don't know what palm is trying to do here.....
    Um, well, that would go for everyone who's responded to the OP so far. NOT everyone in the forums, and most definitely not everyone who's purchased a Pre. Most people don't understand filesystems and such. Hence, they wouldn't be able to drag and drop files onto their Pre. I've considered suggesting the Pre to several family members who are currently considering getting new phones but seeing how so many people seen to be having trouble with the phones (getting settings adjusted, simple usage, one guy asking what the gesture area is for). I've started to wonder if the phone is just too complex for the average user.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Lot of rationalizing going on
    Wow, seriously dude? Only a Fanboy would find it hard to conceptualize lives that don't revolve around Apple products.

There's a whole world outside the cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by diyeiogt View Post
    that whole -only one computer per device- logic is stupid, so yeah, dont care about itunes not working.

mediamonkey is doing the trick for me
    Are you saying if we were a family of iPod users (using iTunes) that we would need a computer for each iPod?
    i dont care ive been using the usb drive mode works fine

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast